Padded Cell

rodwsmithPosted: 03 January 2019Last Updated: 03 January 2019
There's no way in a million years I would have watched a programme about Bros, the eighties pop twin-duo, but a friend told me it was a laugh-a-minute and well worth it. So I did. I recommend others do likewise, it out Spinal-Tap's Spinal Tap. "Bros - After the Screaming Stops" on BBC player currently. Peter Bradshaw in the Guardian: "If you can imagine a Traveling Wilburys-type combo of Alan Partridge on drums, Nigel Tufnel on guitar and David Brent on vocals (and maybe Les McQueen as...
GeeJayPosted: 28 December 2018Last Updated: 03 January 2019
Such a shame to see the last major music & movie (CD, DVD, BluRay, Vinyl, etc.) high street retailer in the UK go into administration (again) with potential loss of jobs and stores. Last time was in 2013. Blamed on people switching to music/movie streaming and reduced sales of physical media. Even the relatively modest small growth in vinyl sales and diversification into turntable and headphone sales hasn’t been enough to save them. Since it’s resurrection in 2013, I’ve bought my CDs and...
Don AtkinsonPosted: 01 January 2019Last Updated: 02 January 2019
Want to share your holiday plans ? Your plans might inspire others to visit new places, meet new people, enjoy new and exiting adventures. Or simply persuade others to take it easy and relax! Whether it's a few nights somewhere local, or that Round-the-World cruise your other half has always dreamed about, why not share your hopes and dreams with others. (you might post some of those inspirational holiday brochure photos or ones you took previously if you are returning to a favourite place.
TOBYJUGPosted: 19 June 2016Last Updated: 01 January 2019
Was most disgruntled to find that one of the best threads has CLOSED, so if no one minds I'll start it again. £8.00 from Marks and Sparks. Very good Rose.
dave marshallPosted: 30 December 2018Last Updated: 01 January 2019
Aw ra best furra New Year tae aw youse Forum folks ........... huv a good yin!
Massimo BertolaPosted: 31 December 2018Last Updated: 01 January 2019
Hi all, may 2019 see us all alive and well, Richard less strangled from moderating, foreign members not lost in translation from some other members' English, and Naim stay Naim. My best to you all, Massimo
XenasysPosted: 31 December 2018Last Updated: 31 December 2018
Guys and Gals Take your New Years Resolution from Song Lyrics Song Title Almost Cut My Hair Album Deja Vu Band Crosby, Still, Nash and Young Resolution But I'm not, I'm not giving in an inch to fear 'Cause I've promised myself this year
JonnersPosted: 27 December 2018Last Updated: 30 December 2018
It's been reported that most hospitals increased car parking charges this year drawing a response from MPs and Unions its a tax on the sick and unfair on hospital workers. Hospitals defend this by stating the money raised goes back into patient care and car park maintenance. Fair enough but some of the hospitals are charging a lot, way more than shoppers would pay in town centre car parks. Scotland has scrapped them altogether. Should the rest of the UK follow suit?
Dan.SPosted: 28 December 2018Last Updated: 29 December 2018
Hi everyone, Need to ship 2 black boxes plus a package containing the speakers, plus a box containing the speakers stands, from Netherlands to Australia. I've shipped the black boxes before (in Europe) as extra luggage on the plane but in this case, would cost me 1600euro for the 2 black boxes alone. Any suggestion? I would like to pack the things myself at home, using bubble wrap and stretching foil and not having to unbox everything when delivering to the collection point. It would be even...
DungassinPosted: 29 December 2018Last Updated: 29 December 2018
My local guitar shop now has in stock a PRS Graveyard guitar. I honestly think it's the prettiest guitar I've ever seen. They've got a red one with the Raven headstock. Haven't heard it yet, but if it's not sold soon I might just ask to try it out. Told SWMBO about how good it looked, and her immediate response was "You're not buying it!" I reassured her that I'm not (really, I'm not going to get it), but don't think she believes me. After all 'you already have too many guitars' Have a look...
DILPosted: 23 December 2018Last Updated: 29 December 2018
Having been a little inspired finding the Italian Job intro, with the Lamborghini Miura, found this very interesting and informative 30 min youtube clip. => https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGNHVYU0Xok Enjoy - mincepie not needed. /dl
Ardbeg10yPosted: 27 December 2018Last Updated: 29 December 2018
I travelled this morning from The Netherlands to Luxembourg. Left home around 6 - driving South. All the way from my home in the middle of my country to Liege in Belgium, I saw clearly a morningstar in the South East. I believe it is Venus - read that somewhere. I'm now 40, but never saw it so clear. Does these things come with age? It was breathtakenly nice to see - especially in these days after Christmas. I believe Betlehem is in the South East too ... though my name is not Balthsasar,...
Mike-BPosted: 23 December 2018Last Updated: 28 December 2018
As its holiday season again, food & drink comes to mind, & its been a while since we've had a thread on favourite coffee blends. Can we make a list of your favourite brand & blend by beans, ready ground & instant. And with the variables that some of us have with shopping convenience it would be handy to know where you buy it. To start it off, I'm constantly looking for a whole bean that hits the spot. I brew with a Cafetiere (French Press) & I like rich mellow &...
Stephen packerPosted: 21 December 2018Last Updated: 27 December 2018
Is it just me, or has the 'brexit' thread disappeared?
Tony2011Posted: 17 December 2018Last Updated: 26 December 2018
Found this while browsing the forum. I recognise a couple of faces but how many are still around and contributing to the forum? Credit: Original photo posted by Scottyhammer.
Bob the BuilderPosted: 21 December 2018Last Updated: 26 December 2018
Whilst Parliament argued over what Jeremy Corbyn did or did not say (and please I’m not interested in that either way) he pointed out that a homeless man died on the street outside parliament. After looking the incident up I discovered the depressing fact of a 24% rise in deaths. 80% men with an average age of 44 and that a very large percentage were caused by drugs and alcohol doesn’t make it any less depressing.
GeeJayPosted: 13 October 2018Last Updated: 26 December 2018
I’m interested in any forum members who’ve gone down this route, and use an electric bike (pedelec). This seems to have last been discussed on this forum in 2014, and the technology seems to have moved on a good way since then , so thought I’d bring it up again. At nearly 59 years ‘young’, I’m taking early retirement and so am thinking about plans for the future. I used to love cycling (I still have my Dawes Galaxy from 1976!), however due to a dodgy knee and some middle-aged spread (!),...
Bryce CurdyPosted: 04 October 2018Last Updated: 25 December 2018
Wasn't sure where to post this, but many Naim owners, particularly those with higher end systems, will struggle to find standard contents insurance policies that provide adequate cover. I was with Hiscox but after a succession of steep price increases switched a few years ago to John Lewis Premier who seemed to provide similar unlimited contents cover at about half the cost. I made my first claim (a few hundred pounds) last year but have now seen my premium rise by well over 40%. Anyone got...
Don AtkinsonPosted: 23 December 2018Last Updated: 25 December 2018
I don't want to host Christmas dinner' The following extract from a BBC news item left me totally gob-smacked "Feed me" - Laura and Joe Hyland are quite happy to leave the Christmas cooking to their parents For some, it is probably the thing you look forward to the most about Christmas Day - the food. A turkey with all the trimmings, cooked to perfection and leaving you as stuffed as the bird you've just devoured. But putting on a festive feast for all the family is no mean feat. Some might...
naim_nymphPosted: 21 December 2018Last Updated: 25 December 2018
Be interesting to find out who is responsible for flying drones over Gatwick Airport. Seems a timely despicable ploy deliberately set for the festive season getaway. Not to mention extremely dangerous too, an act of terror? Apparently, an illegal drone was first sighted over a UK airport in 2010, however drone sightings have risen dramatically over the past 5 years. I'm very surprised such a simple device in the wrong hands can cause such huge disruption, and it would seem there is still no...
davidfPosted: 21 December 2018Last Updated: 22 December 2018
need help- couldn’t find recent info on how to post photos- whrere to find ? David
rschPosted: 12 December 2018Last Updated: 22 December 2018
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pk8ZrN__nmA See this video with Hernry Catchpole (also Evo mag. resident) at Cosworth premises It seems they are at the end of the engine finalization. I was already aware about its level of aerodynamics and packaging sophisticaton but not so about the engine in a such low volume car. Contrary to the AMG project one, should also have a better durability. Of course for many of us ( probably Statment owners included) car like this are quite irrilevant. However,...
DrMarkPosted: 16 December 2018Last Updated: 21 December 2018
If I were to be laying over in LHR for 16 hours on a Tuesday night in February (arriving 17:30, leaving 10:00 the next AM) would it be possible/advisable to leave the airport and see something in a city where I have never been (save for passing thru LHR, which I don't even count) but of course heard so much about? I just wouldn't want to get caught in a bind where I have issues the next day or wasted my time because it really wasn't feasible.
Bob the BuilderPosted: 20 December 2018Last Updated: 21 December 2018
I know with age the years do seem to fly past quicker and quicker but where in God’s name did 2018 go?
rschPosted: 15 December 2018Last Updated: 19 December 2018
I' ve always had a sweet spot for Mac Laren racing cars & road cars . BUT. This one in my humble opinion is one of the ugliest cars ever drawn in history. It's very big (5,20 m long) where the orginal F1 penned by Gordon Murray and Peter Stevens was a very compact and clever package. The cabin resembles its forebear with 3 seats and a cockpit with 3 ugly huge screens. On powertrain side i don't see much advance over regular models. The engine is the same as fitted in the 720S plus an...