Well that upgrade did not go well. I have 2 NDXs BT and one Unitiqute 2 BT - so all using USB. Things I have learnt:
1. Before downloading the new Silicon Labs USB to UART bridge remove all old versions/uninstall
2. Item 1 was impossible on my laptop - it wouldn't uninstall and even deleting all traces would not work. Another laptop needed (Naim this is not good enough)
3. DON'T download the Windows 10 generic driver at the top - its the intuitive thing to do - download the next one.
Download for Windows 7/8/8.1/10 (v6.7.5)
4. After new laptop found and right drivers used, it worked. May hours and tries taken, I am running out of laptops.
Naim - things for you to learn:
1. Your technical support online is splendid.
2. This process is unacceptable. To require laptops, leads, second laptops, downloads from here and there, help on the phone, the right downloads from a list of many (all relevant), uninstalling, plugging stuff in the back if well integrated racks etc etc is not appropriate for £10k's work of kit.
3. You are a premium product, we expect premium experience. Sonos just updates itself over wifi. Would you like to update, yes, its done. PLEASE don't do this again.
You are wasting your customers time and goodwill, and your cash through support calls.
Thanks to support call helpers though, no hint of frustration from them even though they must have heard the same thing many many times.
Sorry Naim - I dont' like to critisise - we love you - but we want to help you get better :-)