Amp for proac studio 140

Hi everybody,

i'm looking for an amp for my proac speakers. At the moment i'm using an av pre (nad t175 with an arcam p1000) but i'd like to upgrade it choosing a stereo amp. What do u suggest ? Naim i5s, xs2, or 152/155? What does suit with proac better?

tks

Original Post
cuciu76 posted:

Hi everybody,

i'm looking for an amp for my proac speakers. At the moment i'm using an av pre (nad t175 with an arcam p1000) but i'd like to upgrade it choosing a stereo amp. What do u suggest ? Naim i5s, xs2, or 152/155? What does suit with proac better?

tks

If by stereoamp you mean one amp =integrated amp

Then any Nait will do, something like a second hand 5i is usually a good purchase, so are XS which I think is too expensive new. The Supernait is the largest integrated amp from Naim, version 1 has dac inside, Supernait 2 has not.

The 152/155 is two box pre,power, not sure they are so much better than XS

The Nac 202 is a preamp only

Used Naim equipment in good condition is often free hifi as resale value could hold equal, once a friend had some 25 years old Nap 135 mono poweramps, they sold with no loss, owners of Nait 2 could be lucky selling with a huge earning these days

b_lund posted:
cuciu76 posted:

Hi everybody,

tks

If by stereoamp you mean one amp =integrated amp

Then any Nait will do, something like a second hand 5i is usually a good purchase, so are XS which I think is too expensive new. The Supernait is the largest integrated amp from Naim, version 1 has dac inside, Supernait 2 has not.

The 152/155 is two box pre,power, not sure they are so much better than XS

The Nac 202 is a preamp only

Used Naim equipment in good condition is often free hifi as resale value could hold equal, once a friend had some 25 years old Nap 135 mono poweramps, they sold with no loss, owners of Nait 2 could be lucky selling with a huge earning these days

...and they will regret that ephemeral lucky moment thereafter for all their life.

CUCUI76, any Naim integrated will be ok with the ProAc 140.

If budget allow, please go for SuperNait (2nd hand) or SuperNait2. If integrated amp not your vege, then try at least 202/200. ProAc Speaker easy to drive but need them to max the performance you need higher grade amp. Suggest if you prefer bold and sweet sound then you must try Audio Note amp (entry level Audio Note Integrated amp will do, 18W class A). Very different sounding but can listen for long without bored.

Likes (0)