bi-amping.

Allante93 posted:

Bad in Passive Mode, but can't wait to take that XO out of the Equation! 

REPEAT, TEMPORARY UNTIL I PURCHASE A SNAXO 362 AND SC WITH THE BURNDY GOING FROM THE SC TO THE SNAXO, THEN THE SNAXO WILL DELIVER THE  SIGNALS TO THE REAR OF THE BRIKS THREE WAY SPEAKER. 

HENCE, ELIMINATING THAT CROSSOVER SHOWN ABOVE! 

Allante93! 

Allante, have you thought of trying active tri-amping with a cheaper non-Naim active crossover to see if better than the passive tri-amping, to then go full hog with SNaxo when funds allow?

As I mentioned in my last post, Behringer DCX2496 is said to be very good, and it is surprisingly cheap, this side of the Atlantic at least. There are plenty of others as well, though some have better reputations than others.

By the way if you do,  it is generally considered wise to protect the tweeter at least, and possibly the mid, with a capacitor providing roll-off starting an octave or two lower than the crossover frequency used, in order to protect against switch-on thump if the amp doesn't have time delay relays, and common power amp faults such as low level DC on the output, that could easily destroy the sensitive high frequency drivers. That said, I've no idea if that is necessary or commonly done with Naim amps (it is nothing to do with what active XO is used).

Ardbeg10y posted:

You need some Ardbeg or similar. Much more tasteful than the glenlivet. It's like going active. The different layers will be more clear - unless you have a wooly taste.

Just Remembered, that Some timers!

With some help from my library.

36 inch Picture tube, catercorner left of the fireplace,  Kans on the far end of fireplace,  2 Grand Waltz Vienna Acoustics rear channel, and the 500 Watt, Linn Sizmick doing. Its thing!

Two LK 280's took care of the Speakers, that Acurus Act 3, was AMAZING, after 20 years of so, it finally played out, $150 toward my Naim Gear!

Janet Jackson, Funny How Time Flies!

Enjoy your Music!

No HDTV, Eyeballing that 65 inch OLED.

I have to go down to the Rec Room, to look at that 36 inch Tube!

Oh Well, I will fix Breakfast, and Fire up the Briks!

Good Morning Forum!

Allante93!

PS. I think it was by Mondial! The last time I checked, Its an Act 4 now, Also expensive!

I bi-mp in one system that is naim based. I tried a lot of amps to drive Sonus Faber Extrema's and ended up with 4 x nap 135's. I preferred one pair of 135's to two 250's bi amping, one 250 and one pair of 135's was clearly wrong. Generally speaking the dynamics and scale can improve quite dramatically. I get superb control, bass weight and projection with 4 naim 135's. I did try Krell and an Usher, NAD but the Extremas love 135's and lots of them

Add Reply