cardas multi blocks to elevate burndy cables

i finally choose the cardas multi blocks to elevate my burndys and my speakers cables from the floor. This tweak is a little expensive for what it is, but it looks pretty nice with my floor ( 50 GBP for 6 pieces).   I didn’t want to play in dy or do it yourself ( time ...)

Did they improved the sound by elevating the burndys or speakers cables :  if there is an improvement in sound, it is very minimal. I didn’t really noticed it.

But i choose to keep them: my burndys are not touching the rack, the floor or themselves, so i can say to myself that all is ok with the set up.

We, audiophiles, are sometimes a bit stupid, no?

TOBYJUG posted:

What is is that burndy dislike about being on the floor ?  If that could be explained without just saying it does then we're a bit closer.

If it's from vibrations putting stresses over some time into them then those Cardas blocks are just chipper.

That’s a very good question. One downside of my new 300 is the two burndy leads. They were initially on the floor, so I bought an extra shelf so as to get the boxes a bit higher and the burndies off the floor. Even though the floor has a good carpet, it made a very audible difference. I’ve no idea why; maybe it’s vibrations, maybe strain on the connectors, goodness knows. Perhaps Naim can tell us. 

TOBYJUG posted:

What is is that burndy dislike about being on the floor ?  If that could be explained without just saying it does then we're a bit closer.

If it's from vibrations putting stresses over some time into them then those Cardas blocks are just chipper.

naim recommends to have burndys not touching the floor.  But perhaps in some cases it changes nothing really....

I followed naim advice to put the ps away the source and preamp and it really improved the sound when i did that recently. But here , with these burndys not on the floor, i don’t know.

Hungryhalibut posted:
TOBYJUG posted:

That’s a very good question. One downside of my new 300 is the two burndy leads. They were initially on the floor, so I bought an extra shelf so as to get the boxes a bit higher and the burndies off the floor. Even though the floor has a good carpet, it made a very audible difference. I’ve no idea why; maybe it’s vibrations, maybe strain on the connectors, goodness knows. Perhaps Naim can tell us. 

my rack is around 3 meters from the speakers so perhaps the vibrations on the floor near the burndys are not big enough to have an incidence ?  so maybe cardas blocks or floor don’t change something....

Or your extra shelf is more effective ?   difficult to prove....

French Rooster posted:
ChrisSU posted:

If your floor is made of wood, and you elevate the cables on blocks, also made of wood, do you expect that to change the performance of the cables?

my floor is vibrating, suspended floor...

I don't see how wooden blocks decouple the cable from any vibrations in the wood floor they are sitting on?

I have looped my burndy with velcro cable tidy that I got at B&Q and as far as I can tell it works pretty well admittedly it probably doesn't look like the hanging vines that some forum grandees have hanging from the back of their systems  but then I can't see it and so don't care.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Add Reply

Likes (0)