Do you have your system on its own dedicated ring on the house electrical supply?

I thought it would be the IOS not the screen size - however having checked my phone and iPad that are running the same version (11.2.2) that is not the case and coearly something different. Mine is also an iPhone 5, and on that if you rotate to landscape vie you get an enlarged image, not more options. Anif you scroll up a bit  you simply do not get the menu bar at the top of the post entry box that you do on the iPad - you just see the preceeding post above it. I suspect HhopLa has different view versions, detecting the type of device, phones deemed to be more limiting in space and so getting the phone version. I wonder if the iPhone 6m with its larger screen, is detected as a tablet rather than a phone. (Need to find some other software with different phone and tablet versions to confirm this).

Either was, the menu bar with the mountain is not visible on the iPhone 5, though whether there is a way to make it pop up I don’t know.

By the way, the post process described (using iPhone or computer with the mountain button visible) does not work every time: last time I tried it took about half a dozen attempts before it worked. It is so frustrating that I don’t bother with pictures unless essential to convey what I want.

S3 posted:

That’s exactly what I’m having done. 10mm SY cable to a Henly box and then three double MK unswitched sockets from there. I’m told it is exactly the same as having 10mm cable straight to the socket.

Would there be any advantage to soldering the joints within the henly block prior to screwing  down on to the cables.

Matty

My electrician came this morning to do the work. All went to plan and I’m now settling down to listen. With three new unswitched MK sockets in position I took the opportunity to rebuild the system further down the wall towards the speakers and away from in front of the radiator. 

First impressions are positive. Everything seems more natural and coherent. Interestingly I’m getting more detail at lower volumes that I was used to previously. 

I’ll report more once the system has warmed up properly and I’ll post some pics of the work and the SY cable that was used.

Regards

David

James,

I too was surprised at the cost. However, having seen the work involved - 3 men for 4 hours including high ladder work and routing cable under the house and through tight eves spaces plus the materials all of which were top quality - I'm comfortable that it was appropriate and reasonable especially now I'm enjoying the uplift in performance which I think will continue to improve as the cable burns in. When you think of how much one spends on black boxes or cables to get, sometimes negligible, performance uplifts it's really a no brainer and I'm pleased I did it.

Of course, your scenario may be much more straightforward but if you want to compare prices (if only for peace of mind) then let me know.

Regards

David 

That's a very neat job they've done, David. Glad you are pleased with both the quality of the work and more importantly, the final result. My installation is going to be simpler. The cable run is long (25m) but the route is straight forward so costs should be a lot more reasonable. I've got another chap coming in the next few days so i'll see what he comes up with 

James

S3 posted:

James,

I too was surprised at the cost. However, having seen the work involved - 3 men for 4 hours including high ladder work and routing cable under the house and through tight eves spaces plus the materials all of which were top quality - I'm comfortable that it was appropriate and reasonable especially now I'm enjoying the uplift in performance which I think will continue to improve as the cable burns in. When you think of how much one spends on black boxes or cables to get, sometimes negligible, performance uplifts it's really a no brainer and I'm pleased I did it.

Of course, your scenario may be much more straightforward but if you want to compare prices (if only for peace of mind) then let me know.

Regards

David 

Great to hear that you’re pleased with the results, David. The cable itself looks top-notch and I totally agree that it’s a must do upgrade, whatever the system.

Just to “warn” you, the burn-in process can be a bit of a pig, with ups and downs over a period of weeks. Best to leave some sounds running on loop 24/7. 

S3 posted:
Popeye posted:
S3 posted:

Popeye - does it sound any different?

Marginally better, as if the noise floor is slightly less but it's not much.

Popeye - how’s it sounding now; any improvement?

Yes definitely an improvement and an improved noise floor. One thing I am finding tho is a rather metallic sound from some tracks in vioces. I certainly didn't notice this before. Any thoughts?

Add Reply

Likes (0)