Football season 2016/17

Daveas posted:

What's the point of John Terry stopping the game after 26 minutes and having a guard of honour to say goodbye to his adoring fans only to reappear an hour or so later to wander around with a microphone making speeches and crying. 

Once it was sport, the eleven men in blue versus the other eleven. Now it's showbiz.

Daveas posted:

What's the point of John Terry stopping the game after 26 minutes and having a guard of honour to say goodbye to his adoring fans only to reappear an hour or so later to wander around with a microphone making speeches and crying.  Great player and Chelsea Leg end - yes but PITA too.  Heaven knows what he'll do if they win the cup.

Clearly too much for David Moyes...

Wugged Woy posted:
Paper Plane posted:

How about another hat trick from Harry in Spurs' 7-1 drubbing of Hull today?

steve

PS Apologies to Hull City fans for any offence caused.

Just a wonderful team to watch  A feast for the eyes.

However realistically if Spurs are to win anything next season they need to strenghen the squad to give more depth to the squad.  Ideally Spurs needs an effective Team A and Team B to ride any periods of injuries.  I would love if Spurs can get someone like Lewandowski so we have two effective strikers for each team (Kane & Lewandowski) but unfortunately I read he is tied up by contract with Bayern until 2021..!

Romi posted:
Wugged Woy posted:
Paper Plane posted:

How about another hat trick from Harry in Spurs' 7-1 drubbing of Hull today?

steve

PS Apologies to Hull City fans for any offence caused.

Just a wonderful team to watch  A feast for the eyes.

However realistically if Spurs are to win anything next season they need to strenghen the squad to give more depth to the squad.  Ideally Spurs needs an effective Team A and Team B to ride any periods of injuries.  I would love if Spurs can get someone like Lewandowski so we have two effective strikers for each team (Kane & Lewandowski) but unfortunately I read he is tied up by contract with Bayern until 2021..!

And they are going to need to overcome the stuttering when they play their home game at Wembley next season.

A close game but I think the team that showed the most adventure earned their win in the end. Can't help but warm to the stressed and emotional Huddersfield chairman.  If you've got to rely on a man to take a penalty worth £170m, you can't go far wrong to pick a German.  

Very pleased with Jackett. While my lot had a great un in the last 10 games, I always had doubts about Cook's tactics. He had no plan B, and the lack of coaching in the team to defend and exploit set-pieces was often evident. In Jackett I think we've got a much, much better coach. 

Likes (1)
MDS