From the listening chair, 2015

Originally Posted by davidf:
Originally Posted by Paul Downs:

Thought i'd better join in.

I have same color in my Focal's but I have the big brother 1038's - love them

david

I've been rather impressed with them since getting them earlier this year. Love the colour too

Bert,

where haver you been? You must be the only forum member unaware of the latest moves by HH...

SL2 have been there for some time (as the other pair of sockets, hopefully), TQBlack has followed its meteoritic fate, NAC A5 is back in place, and the current central topic of this forum is probably the 250DR...

N

Originally Posted by joerand:

Thankfully in the US we have vigilant moral majority-type groups with little better to do than protect the public from such audacities. Ergo, we get album covers like this. At least our children are protected in their bedrooms, perhaps less so in their schools.

That said, the feet in engjoo's pic look as photoshopped as the black tape on blond hottie's ass.

I had that album cover confiscated from me by the Saudi customs officers at Dhahran airport when I worked there in the 80'''s

Ken

Originally Posted by Naimiac:

Bert,

where haver you been? You must be the only forum member unaware of the latest moves by HH...

SL2 have been there for some time (as the other pair of sockets, hopefully), TQBlack has followed its meteoritic fate, NAC A5 is back in place, and the current central topic of this forum is probably the 250DR...

N

I'm perfectly able to answer questions for myself, thank you. This is supposed to be a jolly thread with pictures of speakers and socks, and I'd prefer it if you would avoid having a sarcastic pop at me. It is, after all, the lowest form of wit. 

Late to the party ... wearing a pair knitted by my lovely wife ... Selecting music

and listening ... Dvořák: String Quartet No.06 in A minor, Op.12 B.40 [Prager Streichquartett - 1977]

Listening!

A few years ago, had anyone suggested to me that I would choose to play this I'd have laughed ... but thanks to Naim my music tastes have broadened so much

Mitch

Originally Posted by RikkieB:

Joining the Socks brigade  

IMG_0002

I also have these speakers.  Is that lamp sitting on top of the left speaker?  Not sure I would recommend that ...

Also, can you pull them out into the room any further?- they like a bit of breathing room .

Nice system overall- enjoy! david

IMG_0002

I also have these speakers.  Is that lamp sitting on top of the left speaker?  Not sure I would recommend that ...

Also, can you pull them out into the room any further?- they like a bit of breathing room .

No recommendation on where to place the sub or what color his wall should be?

Originally Posted by joerand:

IMG_0002

No recommendation on where to place the sub or what color his wall should be?

now that u mention it.....

Originally Posted by DrMark:

Well someone mentioned Christmas, so I had to break my Grinch socks for this "Kodak moment."

To bad my Naim sign doesn't show better in the photo...

And if Massimo is reading this, that book on the table is in preparation per un possibile viaggio nel mese di dicembre...I am waiting to hear if Marina can get off work...so I hope...

Lovely socks and impressive CD collection!

Which Naim stuff do we see?

Originally Posted by thirty three and a third:

Enjoying some Wes Montgomery this Thanksgiving afternoon.

That's beautiful! Those Neats look very nice and so does your Eames Rocking Chair. I have one too but it's unfortunately not a good listening chair...
Originally Posted by Bert:
Originally Posted by DrMark:

Well someone mentioned Christmas, so I had to break my Grinch socks for this "Kodak moment."

To bad my Naim sign doesn't show better in the photo...

And if Massimo is reading this, that book on the table is in preparation per un possibile viaggio nel mese di dicembre...I am waiting to hear if Marina can get off work...so I hope...

Lovely socks and impressive CD collection!

Which Naim stuff do we see?

Thanks Bert - now that Thanksgiving is past in the USA, I guess my socks are officially in play!

It is a CD5X/FC2, and a SN1/HC, into a pair of ProAc D28s. 

But TBH, my main source in my SBT streaming from my Vortexbox.  And believe me, there are CD collections on this forum that leave mine in the dist!

Originally Posted by Donkeyhaute:

I'm replying to myself, outraged (from Stoke Poges) because I neglected actually to show any of the kit. this might be betterer.  Apologies for the spiders' legs of cabling.

You need to get another "Me Too" puppy to get things nicely balanced, we have a 'glow in the dark' and an orange one 

Originally Posted by hafler3o:

I'm replying to myself, outraged (from Stoke Poges) because I neglected actually to show any of the kit. this might be betterer.  Apologies for the spiders' legs of cabling.

You need to get another "Me Too" puppy to get things nicely balanced, we have a 'glow in the dark' and an orange one 

Never mind the hifi, isn't that the Good Soldier Svejk? - nice print!

Clive

Originally Posted by Cdb:

Clive

Yes, this is Soldier Svejk - Czech guy :-)

Good idea! Do they do a cable tidy version? Maybe signal down the front legs and power down the back. This could be a profitable canine for them.

YEP! well-spotted those men. Sveijk, drawn by Josef Lada, from Hasek. I like him.

Originally Posted by MartinKocurek:
Originally Posted by Cdb:

Clive

Yes, this is Soldier Svejk - Czech guy :-)

Likes (0)