I've spent several frustrating hours trying to make my US and NAS (Synology 412+) talk.
Can anyone share tips to make this work.
What I have done:
- Found US "Home Menu" on my web browser. Even this wasn't simple but didn't take too long. (For any other beginners out there, you have to find the MAC address of your US on the back panel. Then type into your browser "\\nssrvXXXX" where the XXXX = last 4 digits of your US's MAC address. Magically you're hooked up with your US via the WWW.)
- Created a couple of share folders on my NAS ("download" for HDtracks, and "Backup" for backing up my US files).
- Created "Network Shares" on my US (via the Home Menu). Initially US didn't see anything from my NAS. But after manually entering a location, all other locations popped up (except the one that I assigned as a "Music Store" - see below).
- Created "Music Store". I don't know what the difference is between Music Store and Network Share, but mapped the "download" directory (intended for HDtracks) as a Music Store. It promoted successful "download" as a Music Store.
- Copied a music file from HDtrack sampler (originally downloaded to my computer hard-drive by mistake) to the NAS "download" directory.
Took a couple of hours to do the above. Then the next couple of hours trying to see something/anything materialize. But alas I cannot get n-serve or web-browser Home Menu interface to see or play anything from the NAS.
What am I doing wrong or what should I do so I can play music from NAS via the US?
Thank you in advance for any help!