Munich

French Rooster posted:
Mr Underhill posted:

Hi Bert,

I'll add my thanks. I think this is the best show thread I have read as you have given a consistent voice as you've covered the various exhibits. You've even got ne thinking about going next year!

M

Hey Mister Underhill,

I heard some days ago the ear v12 integrated:  visceral, with prat and involvement, life, and beautiful tones.  The speakers were sonus faber olympica 3 with a high end french streaming dac( audiomat maestro 3).   

It convinced me to sell my nap 300dr and get the 534 power amp, to go with my 912.    I can’t listen to this combo at my home but will listen to the v12 on my system.  I am quite sure today that i will take this road

Great minds think alike  I exchanged my SuperNait 2 and Supercap DR for a EAR V12 a couple days ago!

Bert Schurink posted:

At JBL they had a nice workout of Marcus Miller. Was enjoyable, but accuracy was not at the very highest level. A typical system to listen to for rock music...

Got to love the JBL's. They always remind me of speakers i'd have loved to have in my bedroom in my teenage years. 

Echoing the other comments - thanks for the updates from the show Bert. Much appreciated. 

James

Mr Underhill posted:
sunbeamgls posted:
Mr Underhill posted:
Bert Schurink posted:

........ I found it very interesting, more than the system in the background...

Hi Bert,

Great reports. Did you listen to the EAR-YOSHINO system? Did you note what speakers those were? Grahams??

Thx

Yes, they are Grahams.  Grahams posted a photo on FB yesterday.  Bert noted his thoughts about this system in his report, which you've quoted.

Grahams also launched 2 new speakers at the show, but their FB post gave no details. Doh!

Hi SB,

I was hoping to encourage a bit more from Bert: Was the demo of TdeP's updated reel to reel; What sort if music; etc.

His amps are superb, but his taste in music is rather different from mine. He recommends the Grahams LS5/9, which regardless of its presentation is too big for my 14x12 listening room I feel. Wondering whether the otehr speaker was the LS6 - and how that sounded.

M

Graham's LS5/9 are an excellent match for EAR. My measly 13 watts drive them quite adequately down the length of a 24' 2" by 11' 10" room. 

The Mark Hennessy site gives a link to the BBC paper where there is a reference to an average size listening room, later referring to 70 m3. Somewhat larger than yours or mine!

I'm happy with what I have.

notnaim man posted:

Bert, another forum shows pictures in the Ascendo room, a massive cabinet as tall as a man, a speaker cone at least a metre across. Did you by any chance see it, it it real or just a display item?

It wasn’t playing and there was only one. It could have been a mockup I didn’t check round the back for connections. It was a few inches under 6’ tall.

leni v posted:

Bert ,you liked something at the vandersteen room can you tell what it was.

Was of course the overall sound. But I think the major factor is the speakers which I belief were the Model Seven Mk.II. All over the perspective a very nice overall imagining, sound, height extension etc. In my eyes they are in the group of better speakers at an also quite decent pricelevel. But I assume it's ok when looking at what you get back. It could be all the speaker you need for most of us on the forum. Unless you of course own even more expensive speaker.....

Bert Schurink posted:
leni v posted:

Bert ,you liked something at the vandersteen room can you tell what it was.

Was of course the overall sound. But I think the major factor is the speakers which I belief were the Model Seven Mk.II. All over the perspective a very nice overall imagining, sound, height extension etc. In my eyes they are in the group of better speakers at an also quite decent pricelevel. But I assume it's ok when looking at what you get back. It could be all the speaker you need for most of us on the forum. Unless you of course own even more expensive speaker.....

And as an additional p.s. they are reviewed by stereophile.com

French Rooster posted:
Mr Underhill posted:

Hi Bert,

I'll add my thanks. I think this is the best show thread I have read as you have given a consistent voice as you've covered the various exhibits. You've even got ne thinking about going next year!

M

Hey Mister Underhill,

I heard some days ago the ear v12 integrated:  visceral, with prat and involvement, life, and beautiful tones.  The speakers were sonus faber olympica 3 with a high end french streaming dac( audiomat maestro 3).   

It convinced me to sell my nap 300dr and get the 534 power amp, to go with my 912.    I can’t listen to this combo at my home but will listen to the v12 on my system.  I am quite sure today that i will take this road

Hi FR,

I am using the 868/534 ....stonking stuff. The 912 is the only upgrade I would currently do.

Currently thinking of taking the amps home to be serviced, they get a very regular six hours usage per day. Work very well with my Focals.

M

james n posted:
Bert Schurink posted:

At JBL they had a nice workout of Marcus Miller. Was enjoyable, but accuracy was not at the very highest level. A typical system to listen to for rock music...

Got to love the JBL's. They always remind me of speakers i'd have loved to have in my bedroom in my teenage years. 

Echoing the other comments - thanks for the updates from the show Bert. Much appreciated. 

James

I was listening to a friends system a few weeks ago, some 1980s JBLs playing vinyl from his Garrard 401. Really enjoyable session. Less detail than I am used to but some real heft.

M

Mr Underhill posted:
French Rooster posted:
Mr Underhill posted:

Hi Bert,

M

Hey Mister Underhill,

Hi FR,

I am using the 868/534 ....stonking stuff. The 912 is the only upgrade I would currently do.

Currently thinking of taking the amps home to be serviced, they get a very regular six hours usage per day. Work very well with my Focals.

M

how long life the tubes ?  2000 hours ?    i know you have this stuff, i remember well.  I will hear the v12 first in my home in the next days.   no 534 to borrow....

Add Reply

Likes (2)
Yetizonefernar