Naim App iOS v5.4 Update & Uniti Core Firmware Update v1.2.5798

Naim App iOS v5.3 Release Notes

A new update for the iOS Naim control app has just been released.

The 5.3 update offers many improvements to support Uniti Core as well as Mu-so and original Uniti products.

Fixed: iRadio browsing occasional freeze 
Fixed: 'Conductors' and 'Composers' now populate correctly
Fixed: Missing icons for Phono Input
Fixed: Numerous UI tweaks and fixes
Fixed: Launch by using the naimstream:// or naim:// scheme
Fixed: Exporting UPnP playlists via iTunes
Fixed: Updating Mu-so occasionally failed

Uniti Core Firmware v1.2.5798 Release Notes

This update will cause your database to rebuild. This will not affect your music files in any way, but it may take your Uniti Core several minutes to re-index and display your entire music collection. After installing this firmware update we recommend you power off then power on your Uniti Core.

Fixed: Duplicate tracks on UPnP album view
Fixed: Some albums shown categorised under the wrong artist
Fixed: UPnP server - Some artists views have albums missing

If you have any questions regarding the update please contact Naim Customer Support.

Best Wishes,

Naim Audio

Original Post

We released 5.4 today. This is a very minor update that addresses a UI bug for Uniti Core users. 

As Jon says above we recommend powering down your core then powering on again after the firmware update

Happy listening

Tom

I have had 4 cds out of four hundred which have not rippped, all seem to get hung up on the last one or two tracks. To the naked eye the cds look OK, will eventually try on my computer. However I did feedback to naim that the uniti core seems to keep trying forever and does not spit the cd out?

Or I presume the Core (like the Unitiserve) also has the manual eject pinhole you can use to eject a CD if required? I use a paper clip.

It may or may not help you Gazza but when I get a CD that doesn't rip on my US, I tend to find that giving the CD a really good clean with a lint free cloth (top and bottom side, edges too) before re-inserting to attempt to rip generally works for me, might take a few attempts.

I guess out of my 700 or so I have had maybe 3 or 4 older ones from late 80's/early 90's that I haven't managed to rip, so the above doesn't always work, but it does most of the time.

Re: CD Rips Failing

Please use the in App feedback section (Setting > Feedback) to send in details of any CDs that don't rip (title, artist, label and year), we can then try them and hopefully improve the process. All info sent via the app Feedback is confidential so no need to be embarrassed about your Gloria Estefan collection

Rich

Gazza posted:

I have had 4 cds out of four hundred which have not rippped, all seem to get hung up on the last one or two tracks. To the naked eye the cds look OK, will eventually try on my computer. However I did feedback to naim that the uniti core seems to keep trying forever and does not spit the cd out?

Don't forget that the "last few tracks" on a CD are at the outer edge of the CD, not in the middle like an LP...

best

David

David Hendon posted:
Rembrand posted:

i have tp redeem my TestFlight account. How  can I do that?

There isn't a beta at the moment, so Test Flight won't help you. You should download the release version 9.4 from the App Store.

best

David

9.4? Crikey, I must have been in a coma for a couple of years!!

ChrisSU posted:
David Hendon posted:
Rembrand posted:

i have tp redeem my TestFlight account. How  can I do that?

There isn't a beta at the moment, so Test Flight won't help you. You should download the release version 9.4 from the App Store.

best

David

9.4? Crikey, I must have been in a coma for a couple of years!!

Yes sorry about that. 5.4 obviously!.....

Hi Bicela,

Yes that issue is logged as OT16085. I have poked SW developers again about it

Seek2Time works with both UPnP and USB. The performance of the seek2time is dependent on file format you are playing due to the way we do the calculation. So a Seek can seem quicker on some files than others. 

Regards

Vimion

I guess this is not a new issue. But today I accidentally cleared my current playlist because I have touched an tidal track, expecting that the menu pops up, asking me what to do with the track. This behaviour is configured in the main settings of the app and works fine for upnp. But in the tidal area the playlist was automatically cleared and the title started to play instantly.

Vimion posted:

@kaydee6 - not been able to reproduce  this  very easily. 

Does this happen you have switch to Tidal from a particular input? 
Or  after  it has been closed and relaunched?

Do you have any more details for us?

Regards
Vimion

@Vimion

No input switching. Tidal is the default input.

I don't normally close the naim app, like all my apps just press the home button to exit the app. 

So I when I run the app again, Tidal is launched with no music files shown.

Selecting other inputs, e.g UPNP, select What's New or completely close and open the app resolves this.

This issue is intermittent and is like happening half the time I use the Naim app.

So no news then ...  oh well

An issue I reported on release 5.0.9 is still present in v.5.4.          Synology UPnP 'Media Server' has an art display low resolution problem with the Naim app.  It was OK up to the point of 5.0.9 release.    Synology 'Media Server' DMA defaults my iPad (iOS) "Device" to XBMC rather than iOS or Generic UPnP/DLNA as it did previously.  Changing to another drop-down menu listed device does not hold,  it defaults back to XBMC.  (XBMC is Kodi open source media player application)    This results in low quality art on the app display.  The fix is in the Synology UPnP 'Media Server' DMA Profile drop-down box & requires the user to manually change "Default Profile" to "Default Profile with Original Cover".    Once this DMA profile is set it remains in place even when over written with Synology DSM & Media Server software updates so is not a real problem other than new users needing make a manual change to get good quality art, or (as in my test this morning) if Media Server is uninstalled & re-installed.      

The cause appears to be the change to XBMC (Kodi),  if this is a must have for the new platform,  is there anyway you can change the default settings.    

Possible 5.4 bug or lack of usability feature... On the iPhone Naim 5.4 app - if one changes the name of an input for an attached  streamer - it updates immediately on the streamer - however the menu on the iPhone app sticks with the old name until the app is killed off or for some other reason is forced to reconnect to the streamer... ideally the menu on the app should update at the same time as the attached device.

It is a problem with presenting what is playing now when listening on the radio. I am listening on swedish radio P2 and when enter into detailed presentation of P2 veiw. On the top there is a presentation of what is currently playing. This informaton is truncated.
I think normaly this precentatiton should be rolling text to se the whole information
I am have App 5.4 on IOS 10.2.1 using IPhon 6+
NDS on streamer 4.4
problem is visibel in the Iphone app

Also what seems to be a bug. On one of my podcast series, several episodes will continue playing, that is when the episode is finished it will start again. I have not tried this more than one time that is I have stopped playing after the episode starts the second time.
Select, Denmark, all stations, dr p1 and the podcast called selvsving. Just try the first episode in the list.
Muso QB, Iphone 6S iOS 10.3 beta 2.