Naim new products 2018

spacey posted:

2018 was to bring me a 272/250DR but i had a listen to a Devialet Expert 220 Pro... and now own one. Still a one box system that easily bettered the 272/250DR combo and no need to add a PSU. 

And you had both combo's home doing a serious compare ? or is rather this months "easily flavour"

analogmusic posted:
Perol posted:
Solid Air posted:

Perol: It's in the nature of a forum that people post their opinions, and each will be of more or less interest to others. For some, the box count is important, for others, not. To criticise one element of the discussion as 'pointless' is to assume your priorities matter more than other people's.

my opinion doesn't matter more, it wasn't meant as critic as such, just meaning the box count is pretty pointless or one single posters preaching.

However I think this remark below is more like "assuming his priority matters"

"Who wants their sitting room to look like something from a hifi show?"

you do have a strange choice of words, "preaching".

And HH is 100 % right, not many people, if any, want their living room to look like a hi-fi show.

Those ones will get Davialet not 5 black box naim tower....

Re the OP’s topic, I’d have thought that there might be a lot of commercial mileage for Naim in launching a range of LuminaLite cables. Must be a lot of users who’d happily spend a bit more than NACA5 and the standard cables cost in the pursuit of better sound, but will never spring for SuperLumina prices.

Naim have already started the ball rolling with the Powerline Lite (and of course Fraimlite) and I assume HiLine IC has been a decent seller, so surely the next move is a range of cables at around a third of the price of SL ?

Hands up who would be in the market for those if they gave a worthwhile musical uplift on standard cables?

Emre posted:
analogmusic posted:
Perol posted:
Solid Air posted:

Perol: It's in the nature of a forum that people post their opinions, and each will be of more or less interest to others. For some, the box count is important, for others, not. To criticise one element of the discussion as 'pointless' is to assume your priorities matter more than other people's.

my opinion doesn't matter more, it wasn't meant as critic as such, just meaning the box count is pretty pointless or one single posters preaching.

However I think this remark below is more like "assuming his priority matters"

"Who wants their sitting room to look like something from a hifi show?"

you do have a strange choice of words, "preaching".

And HH is 100 % right, not many people, if any, want their living room to look like a hi-fi show.

Those ones will get Davialet not 5 black box naim tower....

Hahaha sorry I counted my cd2x.... my mistake

Perol posted:
spacey posted:

2018 was to bring me a 272/250DR but i had a listen to a Devialet Expert 220 Pro... and now own one. Still a one box system that easily bettered the 272/250DR combo and no need to add a PSU. 

And you had both combo's home doing a serious compare ? or is rather this months "easily flavour"

No not at all, its been a very long and considered upgrade with lots of options tried and tested, in and out of my own environment. 

full system details: Devialet Expert 220 Pro / ProAc SM100's / Custom Design SQ404 speaker stands / QNAP TS251+ 8GB RAM 2x1TB Sandisk ultra II SSDs / roon core. 

Being 100% server based the whole system makes more sense to me than a pre/PSU/power. Its as focused as it sounds. 

spacey posted:
Perol posted:
spacey posted:

No not at all, its been a very long and considered upgrade with lots of options tried and tested, in and out of my own environment. 

full system details: Devialet Expert 220 Pro / ProAc SM100's / Custom Design SQ404 speaker stands / QNAP TS251+ 8GB RAM 2x1TB Sandisk ultra II SSDs / roon core. 

Being 100% server based the whole system makes more sense to me than a pre/PSU/power. Its as focused as it sounds. 

Thanks !

Add Reply

Likes (2)
HansWChrisSU