Naim vs. exposure

I know this won`t be a popular post but I just sold my Naim gear and up graded my Exposure. Hear me out. I bought an Exposure 2010 integrated 6 months ago and loved it! When it came time to upgrade my main system I bought a used Nait 5 and a fc2. I thought if the Exposure sounds like this the Naim will be even better. WRONG. The Nait didn`t have 1/4 the prat and involvement as the Exposure at all. All the real enjoyment disappeared. This is only one mans` opinion. Did anyone ever a/b these two integrateds and see? I was truly disappointed at all the fuss. I`ve been in this hobby for over 40 years and never heard anything like the Exposure. Try to give a listen. Tom
Original Post
Hello Tom,

There's almost the same number of italian mamas versus spaghetti sauce recipes. The basic elements are the same, only the spices and the love they put in their recipes are different. And i feel this is resuming well the difference between Naim and other audio equipment manufacturers, including Exposure.

Oh yes, there is life after Naim, but a different one! Big Grin

Bye.
quote:
Originally posted by tom hubbard:
I know this won`t be a popular post but I just sold my Naim gear and up graded my Exposure. Hear me out. I bought an Exposure 2010 integrated 6 months ago and loved it! When it came time to upgrade my main system I bought a used Nait 5 and a fc2. I thought if the Exposure sounds like this the Naim will be even better. WRONG. The Nait didn`t have 1/4 the prat and involvement as the Exposure at all. All the real enjoyment disappeared. This is only one mans` opinion. Did anyone ever a/b these two integrateds and see? I was truly disappointed at all the fuss. I`ve been in this hobby for over 40 years and never heard anything like the Exposure. Try to give a listen. Tom


IMHO, The Exposure 2010 is better than Nait 5i as far as I can remember.

cheers
quote:
Originally posted by MGerald:
I've heard the Exposure 2010 and it is a very fine integrated and a good value. Smile

It is. I was pretty impressed actually. Very likeable and fun sound.

I couldn't use it in my office, tho, since it was picking up a local radio station.
I once compared a nait5i & cd5i to a 2010S amp & CDP, both through harbeth compact 7s.

I preferred the nait, maybe it was a bit less precise but a lot more involving and, for want of a better word, musical.
So, close but no cigar, for exposure, in my opinion.

Oh, and they really should offer their products in black again, as in the good old days. I really can no longer stand the sight of hifi components with silver brushed front plates.



Samuel.
Sorry, yes, the exposure "classic" range (the current top of the line range) is available in black or silver, however the lower models are silver only.

Perhaps at some point I will compare the 35 ("xxxv") intergrated amp, perhaps this is the "SuperNait"/"NaitX" we have been looking for.

The phono stage in the classic range is supposed to be very good I am told, so price wise the xxxv would be comparable to a 122/150X/stageline, but all in one box, which would make for a nice simple system.



Samuel.
quote:
Originally posted by blackforest:
quote:
Since Nait5i is highly favoured...and better than 202/200


sorry but this is ridiculous!


BF, yes I agree this is ridiculous. I myself has compared Nait5i not with 202/200 but 112x/150x and it still show pre/pwr are better.

But those are the claims made by Nait 5i owner.. Winker
the thing is that there are a lot more integrated amplifiers than the Nait 5i which (i think) perform equal or better). the new creek integrated is supposed to be very very good and it's smaller predeccesor 5350se was clearly the winner against the 5i when i homedemoed them both.

rgrds,christian
I think it all boils down to the system each amp is being used in.
The Nait 5i being the least expensive works unreal with Neats Motive speakers
The Creek seems to work great with ProAc new Studio 110/130/140
I don't think the Destiny is really that much better then the 5350se.
The Densen Beat 110 is a tuff act to fallow when cabled right.
The Expousure 2010s is way more fun then a 3010 which sounds more like a Creek Destiny ( a bit to layed back for my liking (imo) )
But I'm sure a capable amp.
quote:
Originally posted by blackforest:
the thing is that there are a lot more integrated amplifiers than the Nait 5i which (i think) perform equal or better). the new creek integrated is supposed to be very very good and it's smaller predeccesor 5350se was clearly the winner against the 5i when i homedemoed them both.

rgrds,christian


was that the £500 OR £1,200 NEW Creek ?
quote:
Originally posted by hi fi fo fum:
I think it all boils down to the system each amp is being used in.
The Nait 5i being the least expensive works unreal with Neats Motive speakers
The Creek seems to work great with ProAc new Studio 110/130/140
I don't think the Destiny is really that much better then the 5350se.
The Densen Beat 110 is a tuff act to fallow when cabled right.
The Expousure 2010s is way more fun then a 3010 which sounds more like a Creek Destiny ( a bit to layed back for my liking (imo) )
But I'm sure a capable amp.


what about the Exposure CLASSIC XXXV ?
quote:
The Nait didn`t have 1/4 the prat and involvement as the Exposure at all


The original 5 was a fair Naim amplifier with great upgrade options, my taste was rather toward the Olive Nait 2 however the 2010 was a downright dissapointment after the classic 15/20 which is/was a true contender to the Olive range.
quote:
Originally posted by blackforest:
quote:
Since Nait5i is highly favoured...and better than 202/200


sorry but this is ridiculous!


I think (hope), it was joke - good as the Nait5i is, the 202/200 is much better IMHO.

BTW, I liked the Exposure 2010 when I heard it at a show. Very good amp, as were the original Exposure range.
quote:
Originally posted by hi fi fo fum:
The original 5 was a fair Naim amplifier with great upgrade options, my taste was rather toward the Olive Nait 2 however the 2010 was a downright dissapointment after the classic 15/20 which is/was a true contender to the Olive range.


you nailed it I use to run a Naim CDi to an real Exposure amp ...15 super. Now that was Exposure...long live the John Farlow designs

I also had 17/18 and 21/13/18 mono's great gear.
come to think of it I did have 11/12/8 and a 6 with a small power supply...if you look in side them they look nothing like the "New Exposure" at all -.- me thinks[/QUOTE]
quote:
Originally posted by airdavid:
quote:
Originally posted by airdavid:

what about the Exposure CLASSIC XXXV ?


nobody? Eek

I would give it consideration, from what I understand it should be an improvement over the classic line of integrated's (15, 20, 25).
×
×
×
×