nd555 announcement : music matters show/ 8 march

Is an NDS with twin 555DRs, not an ND555?

That what Naim have been using to demo the Statement amplifier at all the UK shows last year.
Wouldn't this be the same for this event in Seattle?
Also if there was a new high-end Streamer to be announced and unveiled wouldn't Naim do this at the Bristol HiFi Show at the end of February, in their home market? 

It will be interesting to see if it has DSP capabilities, this seems an area Naim are falling behind Linn and Devialet. 

Roon compatibility does give a road in but it’s far from simple. 

A dealer setup including room measurements and a DSP curve would seem a perfect fit for the Naim dealer system. 

.sjb

I admire how the CD555 digs deeper than I ever thought possible, its technical abilities, but I always preferred the musical presentation of the CDS3. The NDS is a way in front of the CDS3 to my ears, although I regard it as its spiritual successor. It reminds me a lot of how the CDS3 served things up. So the ND555 is going to be interesting. 

Gazza posted:

Anyhow NDS is in the classic box, you can get 555 ps in either classic or 500 series box. Nd555 will be in 500 series box with new Uniti type screen and architecture to be announced.

perhaps with statement ps in statement style?   13k for the nd555 and 13k for the ps?

well Naim had plenty of time to digest the onslaught of the Hugo and the Chord Dave, so I think this will be something special.

With all the new technology around, the Cd555 still sounds special to me 

Now that the cat is out of the bag, why not do a Chord or Linn style announcement and tell the world what it is

Naim , why not?

analogmusic posted:

I'm very, very sure it won't and would bet good money on that.

By the way does it mean you don't like the Chord presentation?

chord dave in green and black would be nicer with naim electronics.....

It would be interesting to have a chord streamer with the quality of the dave too....

When the NDS was being readied, the ND5 launched. Naim demo'd ND5, NDX and NDS in roadshows. Little confusion was caused. Quite the opposite!

Paul stated that a Statement Streamer is in the works, some two years ago. Hardly a realevation. But the timeline to launch would be a realevation at this juncture.

The "bush telegraph" has been tracking the ND555 for the best part of a year. Maybe longer. It was expected to debut in the metal this year, although a retail launch date is unknown. I don't think that's too earth shattering. It will debut with Statement amps. That doesn't seem earth shattering either, given than to date, Naim have done NDS/555PS/555PS with Statement amplification at shows. Now they have a higher level front end.

A Statement streamer would be a total ambush - well, for me anyway. Although introducing the public to two new streamers at different levels in one sitting is precedented.

.....and there is no Naim magic fairy dust out there to scatter over a statement streamer. Even an ND555 will have to have a lot of  engineering tricks up its sleeve to warrant a doubling in price from the NDS. 

It’s an obvious upgrade path and maybe Naim will be happy with that but as I say it will really have to be something special to generate interest outside the Naim fraternity. 

There are quite a few disrupters out there at the moment. I have quality that to my ears is better than CD555/555PS at 20% of the price. 

.sjb

Harry posted:

The ND555 with a Statement has not publically debuted.  Yet. In the unlikely event that a ND555 will be presented alongside a Statement streamer, that will have been one hell of a well kept secret.

the Music Matters show , at Seattle, announced on the site:  new products : Naim statement / nd555 streamer, linn urika 2....   I don’t think it is a fake, you can google music matters nd555 streamer 8 march.

French Rooster posted:
Harry posted:

The ND555 with a Statement has not publically debuted.  Yet. In the unlikely event that a ND555 will be presented alongside a Statement streamer, that will have been one hell of a well kept secret.

the Music Matters show , at Seattle, announced on the site:  new products : Naim statement / nd555 streamer, linn urika 2....   I don’t think it is a fake, you can google music matters nd555 streamer 8 march.

I think they have now taken the reference to Naim ND555 off their announcement on the Definitiv web site, but Steve Sells is shown as a "special guest" so I imagine he's not going all that way to listen to the Linn demo!

best

David

Likes (0)