ND555 - have pulled the trigger

Congratulations Bert, well done. 

‘Your contributions to the forum are greatly valued by me. Keep us posted...so so so tempted to do the same. I don’t believe I have any memory of Naim ever not raising the bar and if they are saying.....well then that’s fine by me!!!!!

jsaudio posted:

Getting back to the ND555. I currently have a 272/PS555DR/300DR/ Sopra-3 system and like many, awaiting the 272 successor. However, would it be possible to use the pre-amp in the 272 with the ND555 and my PS555 or will that bare 272 pre-amp section defeat the benefit of the new streamer.

Ditch the 272 buy a 552....or just enjoy it as it is without an exprnsive Digital. Source, i went for the first Road... 552 about to arrive 

Emre posted:
jsaudio posted:

Getting back to the ND555. I currently have a 272/PS555DR/300DR/ Sopra-3 system and like many, awaiting the 272 successor. However, would it be possible to use the pre-amp in the 272 with the ND555 and my PS555 or will that bare 272 pre-amp section defeat the benefit of the new streamer.

Ditch the 272 buy a 552....or just enjoy it as it is without an exprnsive Digital. Source, i went for the first Road... 552 about to arrive 

Hi I was faced with same issue and bit the bullet and bought a 552 .... never regretted it used it with a 272 as the source for a while then traded 272 against a pre loved NDS (which sounds amazing) .... which ultimately may be traded for an ND555 ............ The 272 preamp is pretty good ..... prehaps not quite as good as a 282 ......... so the ND555 would be held back a bit .... I think it is horses for courses ....personally  I suggest you keep your eye open for a pre loved 552 dr ..... then trade your 272 against either an NDX2 or ND555 after you have had a really good home audition. I think you are in for exciting times. By the way .... the NDS/ND555 will need (in my opinion) the superlumina din to connect to 552 (this made a really big difference to my setup).....expensive times ahead!!!

Add Reply

Likes (3)
S3Eoinkjames n