NDS is suppressed by CDS-2

Allante93 posted: 

Anyhow, I explained my lack of Knowledge to Streaming, his reply was:

Beef up your front end!

He explained he Knew a number of individuals who traded their Triple fives in for Streaming!

With what, I asked!

CORE

Simple no wireless garbage!

Simple, sell your Cdx2, or just keep it.

Core>Ndac>282

Said I didnt need a Nds!

Well, is he correct, or what am I missing?

Your dealer has a point, if you want to try streaming - or at least, ripping and storing CDs rather than playing them, the Core has an excellent SPDIF output which you could connect to a DAC of your choice. It also allows you to explore Hi-Res downloads as an alternative to buying CDs. I would suggest that you sit down and have a proper demo of it, and compare the Core to a streamer such as the NDS, not only on sound quality, but the range of functions it has. A streamer opens up a huge range of listening options that allows you to explore music from a host of online sources, including iRadio and various subscription services such as Tidal. A dealer should be able to let you sit down with an iPad and find out if this is something that appeals to you. If it doesn't, Core/NDAC is a much cheaper option, especially if you can pick up a used NDAC, although then the PSU upgrade bug may strike!   

ChrisSU posted:
Allante93 posted: 

Anyhow, I explained my lack of Knowledge to Streaming, his reply was:

Beef up your front end!

He explained he Knew a number of individuals who traded their Triple fives in for Streaming!

With what, I asked!

CORE

Core>Ndac>282

Said I didnt need a Nds!

Your dealer has a point, if you want to try streaming - or at least, ripping and storing CDs rather than playing them, the Core has an excellent SPDIF output which you could connect to a DAC of your choice. It also allows you to explore Hi-Res downloads as an alternative to buying CDs. I would suggest that you sit down and have a proper demo of it, and compare.....

Remember Chris, I live in the US.

This Dealer came in play during an unfortunate 300 mile funeral.

You guys are very fortunate, when it comes to dealer demos!

But back to Class:

Core ~ excellent analog out $2.6K

Ndac~ Naim's best dac. Pre-loved. $2K

Brand new NDS~ $13K

S1>552>252>282~ Marque Separates

NDS:

An external hard drive with a twist! NAS stands for "Network Attached Storage" meaning that once you plug your NAS drive into your WIRELESS ROUTER, you can fill it with music, movies, even photos and important documents. All of these can then be easily accessed by any other devices operating on the same internet connection - so you can back up all your favourite media, and still get your hands on it without even switching on your computer - ideal for anyone with a WIRELESS streaming system (see Network streamer)."

THE DEALER, explained that he no longer plays Vinyl or CDs, but he wouldn't let loose his hard copy CD Mino Cenilo Swamp Alley!

Class is almost done!

Thanks Form!

Anyone else on Naim's Core, as it pertains to SQ, not the convenience of an NAS device.

Allante93!

PS. Thanks Chris SU!

Simplicity vs Convenience

My take~ SOUND QUALITY AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE!

Uniti Core

Reference Hard-Disk Server

Uniti Core represents the essence of digital music. It is a seriously powerful machine that will allow you to rip your entire CD collection, store up to 100,000 tracks, serve files to Uniti all-in-one players or other Naim streamers and create a back-up for all of your music. You can also use Uniti Core as a standalone digital source – simply connect it to a digital-to-analogue converter or an amplifier with digital inputs and control playback via the Naim app. Uniti Core is a fuss-free, no-compromise solution to ripping, storing, cataloguing and playing your entire music collection.

Allante93 posted:

Sounds impressive indeed, but I'm a newbie to streaming. and got maybe 60 % of it.

With what, I asked!

CORE

Core>Ndac>282

Said I didnt need a Nds!

Hi Allante,

I no longer use much Naim in my main system. I think that their engineering WRT SMPS/grounding etc is first rate, and so some of the issues I have been wrestling with may well be less for you.

My suggestions, supporting Frech Rooster, wrt BPs system is far more in the line of cheap tweeks, but ones that may well pay off.

My personal view is that to get the best from digital close attention to clean electricity and maintaining traffic integrity pay dividends.

My thinking would be to get the very best you can from what you have before changing major components.

M

Add Reply

Likes (2)
Clive BCXF04