New Kudos Titan 707

sjbabbey posted:
al9315 posted:
Dave J posted:
Chris Bell posted:

Any spec's for the new 707?  Is it a 2 way or 3 way?  Are there woofers tucked inside the enclosure?  

It's a 2 way, isobaric. Not much wider (I think 30mm was mentioned) than S20s but a fair bit deeper. You can run them in passive, active or Linn Exakt mode. On a 250DR they sounded great but Derek said that they sounded superb with a brace of Devialets

30cm perhaps ?

I think Dave is saying that the 707s are 30mm wider than the S20s i.e. a total width of 23cm compared to 20cm for the s20.

That's right

Dave J posted:
sjbabbey posted:
al9315 posted:
Dave J posted:
Chris Bell posted:

Any spec's for the new 707?  Is it a 2 way or 3 way?  Are there woofers tucked inside the enclosure?  

It's a 2 way, isobaric. Not much wider (I think 30mm was mentioned) than S20s but a fair bit deeper. You can run them in passive, active or Linn Exakt mode. On a 250DR they sounded great but Derek said that they sounded superb with a brace of Devialets

30cm perhaps ?

I think Dave is saying that the 707s are 30mm wider than the S20s i.e. a total width of 23cm compared to 20cm for the s20.

That's right

Just noticed your avatar, Dave. Made me laugh. 

Michael_B. posted:
Jonn posted:

I've heard the original T88 driven by NAP 500 on two occasions and was underwhelmed. In particular bass extension was suprisingly poor and ill-defined given the size of the cabinets.

I entirely agree. I'll-defined with poor detail and timing. I haven't heard a Kudos with decent bass. Or midrange.

Probably on the wrong thread then.

I had the chance to hear the T-707s for the first time today.

They were running with NDS, SNAXO and 2x 250DR at the Chester show.  I spent more than 2 hours in the room listening to track after track.  This was quite some system, very musical, no fatigue - even though it was playing with some gusto.  The 707s seem a bit "looser" and have more boogie to them compared to the T-808s I've heard.

Electronics

T-606 due in the Summer.

sunbeamgls posted:

I had the chance to hear the T-707s for the first time today.

They were running with NDS, SNAXO and 2x 250DR at the Chester show.  I spent more than 2 hours in the room listening to track after track.  This was quite some system, very musical, no fatigue - even though it was playing with some gusto.  The 707s seem a bit "looser" and have more boogie to them compared to the T-808s I've heard.

Electronics

You can find notes about them and the rest of the show by searching for audiophile musings.

T-606 due in the Summer.

I also went to Chester -- cracking speakers indeed. 

Likes (3)
Allante93ayap1nigelb