New range coming or less is more?

On the back of the XS range becoming rather minimal, has it been confirm if they will be removed or replaced?.. Maybe the new Uniti products are so good they out gunned the XS range with new tech and usability?

Will this mark the end of the sledge and sleeve design we're all aware of as being synonymous with naim? 

Naim SU/EWA LS25/ProAc SM100

Original Post

Other than DSD & MQA (both fly-by formats IMHO)  what is there to add to the existing platforms? And as there isn't any major new tech in the new Uniti range (still based on SHARC chip IIRC) why can't the existing products receive the new firmware??

IMHO, there's nothing to reinvent, really.

The new Unitis are a very different streaming platform to the existing ones, with a different way of processing the data they receive, and added functionality such as Chromecast, amongst other things. The old streamers are not upgradeable to this spec, so I guess it's pretty much a given that new Classic streamers will be released using this new platform. Eventually! They will presumably be in the new box design too.

ChrisSU posted:

The new Unitis are a very different streaming platform to the existing ones, with a different way of processing the data they receive, and added functionality such as Chromecast, amongst other things. The old streamers are not upgradeable to this spec, so I guess it's pretty much a given that new Classic streamers will be released using this new platform. Eventually! They will presumably be in the new box design too.

They will be in the current style boxes. 

Hungryhalibut posted:
ChrisSU posted:

They will be in the current style boxes. 

If I was a betting man, I'd be prepared to take a punt that they won't!

They're hardly going to announce their intention to revamp the Classic range now, when it's probably still a long way off, if the new Uniti teething troubles are anything to go by. They never announce stuff far in advance, and if they did, sales would no doubt grind to a halt in anticipation of products that won't appear for a good while. Uniti, Statement and Muso ranges all have the new styling, and I don't believe for a minute that the Classic range won't follow suit in time. It's not as if they've never done it before - several times, moving to CB, then Olive, then Triptych......

ChrisSU posted:

They're hardly going to announce their intention to revamp the Classic range now, when it's probably still a long way off, if the new Uniti teething troubles are anything to go by. They never announce stuff far in advance, and if they did, sales would no doubt grind to a halt in anticipation of products that won't appear for a good while.......

One thing for sure, if I had stock in Focal/Naim, the Forum is the last place I would leak information.

Black Boxes

Ovators

CD555

New Classic Design, etc......

Allante93!

Allante93 posted:
ChrisSU posted:

They're hardly going to announce their intention to revamp the Classic range now, when it's probably still a long way off, if the new Uniti teething troubles are anything to go by. They never announce stuff far in advance, and if they did, sales would no doubt grind to a halt in anticipation of products that won't appear for a good while.......

One thing for sure, if I had stock in Focal/Naim, the Forum is the last place I would leak information.

Quite right, it would be drowned in an ocean of conjecture!!

spacey posted:

On the back of the XS range becoming rather minimal, has it been confirm if they will be removed or replaced?.. Maybe the new Uniti products are so good they out gunned the XS range with new tech and usability?

Will this mark the end of the sledge and sleeve design we're all aware of as being synonymous with naim? 

Are UNITI made in China  ??

ndx202- posted:
spacey posted:

No 

Klout10 posted:
ndx202- posted:
spacey posted:

No 

No not made anywhere. ��

ssmith posted:
Klout10 posted:
ndx202- posted:
spacey posted:

No 

No not made anywhere. ��

sjbabbey posted:
Klout10 posted:

Designed and made in Sailsbury

eventually.....

Hopefully/possibly/if you can afford one by the time they're release....

Heresy I know - but if Apple can source millions of well-made, fully functioning iPhones from China, perhaps Naim should bow to the inevitable and start building everything over there, do QC over here and save their customers a fortune....

Likes (0)