Nice Photos.

Mr Fjeld posted:

Never seen a yellow spider before Haim  

I'm impressed by the colour of the handle and the spider.  It's interesting and it's almost like archeology - or perhaps finding a present tense where people just leave their work place, turn off the light and it remains the same for a very long time. Apart from the radioactive looking spider that is

Fjeld,

The plant, Johnson Outboard Marine engines, was suddenly shut down and left abandon for four years before being leveled and the soil underneath it excavated because of the toxic oils contamination. I found an opened door, entered the place and explored it for an hour (it is huge) before returning with my camera and tripod. If you click on my image it will take you to the flickr album of the plant.

Haim

Collage in oil

Haim Ronen posted:
Mr Fjeld posted:

I'm impressed by the colour of the handle and the spider.  It's interesting and it's almost like archeology - or perhaps finding a present tense where people just leave their work place, turn off the light and it remains the same for a very long time. Apart from the radioactive looking spider that is

Fjeld,

The plant, Johnson Outboard Marine engines, was suddenly shut down and left abandon for four years before being leveled and the soil underneath it excavated because of the toxic oils contamination. I found an opened door, entered the place and explored it for an hour (it is huge) before returning with my camera and tripod. If you click on my image it will take you to the flickr album of the plant.

Haim

Yes, very nice photos Haim - and they made me think about how nice it would be to go to Chicago and explore the empty spaces from the old abandoned car factories. They were built like palaces and temples and the architecture was a mix of Bauhaus functionalism and Art Deco decoration. I know what I'll do if I win the lottery next weekend!

Anyway, I was walking in the woods yesterday and discovered this ballet dancing pine. It's obviously not content with being just proud and tall but wants to be free. It looks like it's stretching its arms towards the heaven while balancing on the right leg while stretching the other out back.

The Ballet Dancer

Mr Fjeld posted:
Haim Ronen posted:
Mr Fjeld posted:

Fjeld,

Haim

Yes, very nice photos Haim - and they made me think about how nice it would be to go to Chicago and explore the empty spaces from the old abandoned car factories.

Well, I do mean Detroit - Motor City of course

Mr Fjeld posted:

My old Nikon D70S still works like a dream. It's almost funny that we race towards more pixels and still this enough - at least for social media, with its measly 6 megapixels. Not sure how this would be in a large print though.

6mp! Pah...Luxury.

You were lucky. When we were living in a rolled up newspaper in septic tank, all we ever had were a measly 2mp. We had to get up every morning at 6 o'clock, clean t'camera wit' newspaper, go to work at portrait studio, working fourteen hours a day, week in, week out, for just sixpence a week and when we got home, if we had no award winning pieces of artwork to show for it, our dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt. If we were lucky.

Stripey Cat

JamieWednesday posted:
Mr Fjeld posted:

My old Nikon D70S still works like a dream. It's almost funny that we race towards more pixels and still this enough - at least for social media, with its measly 6 megapixels. Not sure how this would be in a large print though.

6mp! Pah...Luxury.

You were lucky. When we were living in a rolled up newspaper in septic tank, all we ever had were a measly 2mp. We had to get up every morning at 6 o'clock, clean t'camera wit' newspaper, go to work at portrait studio, working fourteen hours a day, week in, week out, for just sixpence a week and when we got home, if we had no award winning pieces of artwork to show for it, our dad would thrash us to sleep with his belt. If we were lucky.

Stripey Cat

Hahaha  I love that Monty Python reference!

Nice tiger stripes btw!

265314_118141748277689_8268338_o

Can't remember if I've posted this before.  I was surprised to see that at the point of contact of a hammer hitting a bulb, it smashes on the opposite side first. I shot it 30 years ago and scanned from a b&w print (so doesn't look perfect). The whole set-up was pretty basic. My brother made me a sound flash trigger, I shot it on b&w film because it was cheaper, I could develop the film and process prints in my bedroom. I miss those days. I should source a modern flash trigger and use my faster flash of today to experiment once again.

Add Reply

Likes (12)
Don AtkinsonIvo BHaim RonenoldneilrobgrMikeT.FangfossFlyerSteve JQuad 33Former MemberKevin-WCbr600