'Signal Ground' for 152XS connection

January 1, 2012 3:49 PM

Hi guys,

In the manual for Nait XS, Section 22.8, it states that "A signal ground connections is fitted to the NAIT XS rear panel. This is intended to be used to connect a turntable pick-up arm signal earth only.

I am using 152XS and it is not stated and showed how is the connection. My TT only connect the pick-arm signal earth to its phonostage & it stop there. Do I need to do another connection to 152XS from the phonostage?

Cheers..

Naim CD5XS, Flatcap XS, NAC152 XS, NAP155 XS, NACA5, Naim Allae Cherry

Linn LP12 Cherry, Hercules, Kore, Linn Ittok LVII Black, DV20X2L, Primare R32

January 1, 2012 4:14 PM

Originally Posted by achique99:

My TT only connect the pick-arm signal earth to its phonostage & it stop there. Do I need to do another connection to 152XS from the phonostage?

No, don't think so. Mine is connected to my stageline phonostage.

Chris

Like Like (0 likes)

January 1, 2012 4:44 PM

Christ,

Fyi, I am using Pro-Ject phonostage and RCA link to pre-amp. There are 3 wires from the TT. It's Left, Right Channel and a ground signal from the TT. The ground signal connects to the phonostage ground link.

Since the phonostage only using 2-pin power plug & I am using RCA L/R to pre-amp. I do not know when the 'signal ground' connection from 152XS is effectively to be used? Naim manual does not mention & show a diagram about this connection especially on 152XS in this regards.

Like Like (0 likes)

January 1, 2012 4:54 PM

achique99 wrote:

"Christ"

Something of an elvevation

Then achique99 wrote:

"Fyi, I am using Pro-Ject phonostage and RCA link to pre-amp. There are 3 wires from the TT. It's Left, Right Channel and a ground signal from the TT. The ground signal connects to the phonostage ground link.

Since the phonostage only using 2-pin power plug & I am using RCA L/R to pre-amp. I do not know when the 'signal ground' connection from 152XS is effectively to be used? Naim manual does not mention & show a diagram about this connection especially on 152XS in this regards."

Ah, sorry, I've done my best, I'm not a miracle worker y'know!

Chris

Like Like (0 likes)
Jono 13

January 1, 2012 6:02 PM

If you connect the earth from your TT to the phono stage that should be sufficient.

This works for me with a Pro-ject stage and a 152XS.

Jono

Like Like (0 likes)

January 1, 2012 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by Christopher_M:

achique99 wrote:

"Christ"

Something of an elvevation

Chris

Opps...  

Perhaps stageline earth is already connected to amp via DIN-DIN cable (That's why I am thinking to get a stageline instead). How does it sound?

Originally Posted by Jono 13:

If you connect the earth from your TT to the phono stage that should be sufficient.

This works for me with a Pro-ject stage and a 152XS.

Jono

Well I will try that then, thanks Jono.

Like Like (0 likes)

January 2, 2012 7:13 AM

Ha achique99, you spelt my name wrong, then I made a spelling mistake in my response.

You ask about the Stageline. I'm very pleased with mine in the context of my naim system. It just sounds right. Before that I had a Trichord Dino which seemed bright and with an over emphasis on detail compared with stageline, it didn't flow in the same way. The stageline sounds warm and natural to me, in a way quite valve-like but with naim drive too.

There are other good stages out there too: People speak highly of the Dynavector p75, Graham Slee, Lehman (sp?) Black Cube and Rega fono etc. But the stageline provides the obvious synergy with Naim.

Chris

Like Like (0 likes)

January 2, 2012 2:26 PM

Great.. 2012, stageline is in mylist & next target. Also as what Richard mentioned in my previous topic, need to upgrade the cart to at least OM10 to get the best from stageline. If fund permits, I'll upgrade the whole thing.

Cheers,

Nasa.

Like Like (0 likes)

ClosedAdditional replies and votes are not permitted on this topic.