Speaker upgrade - Allaes with NDS/555DR/300DR/252 and Supercap DR

I recently upgraded from NDX/202/250 (non DR) with the Allaes to NDS/555/252/Supercap/300DR but still with the Allaes. The improvement is very substantial- the music from the speakers is more engaging and stimulating. Same speakers so the front end is what made the difference.

i have the Isobariks anyway and the cost of the renewal/refurb is within bounds so I will proceed and use both the Allaes and the Isobariks (though I don,t look forward to shifting them!). I would like low stands for them to minimise the effect they will have in my lounge. Any ideas? I have read about Mana stands. Can you still get them? 

Is there a benefit in going for treble drivers which are different from the originals?

paul

If you think about it, the Isobariks have flat bottoms, so the stands with the upward facing spikes provide the necessary support, as well as getting them to the right height. It’s interesting that in your initial post you said that aesthetics are important, and then decide to use the Isobriks. I actually find them rather attractive, in a square sort of way, and I’d take them over modern shiny speakers any day. 

Thanks Christopher 

i have just bought a NAC 552 which arrives on 26/1 and my refurbed briks come on 25/1 or 26/1. I am really looking forward and will compare and contrast the briks and the Allaes. I am also going to listen to some Kudos Titan 606 and the B&W 804 D3. Any other ideas on speakers will be welcome 

Likes (0)