SuperNait 2 + SuperCap DR / Ovator S-600

Adam Zielinski posted:

Best to get Ovator plugs. It’s not only about the fit but also compatibility of contact materials. 

Also - watch out for polarity!!

Just bought a pair of pre-loved Super Lumina loudspeaker cables. Maybe a bit overkill for a SN2 but Im looking towards future upgrades.

Drikus posted:
Adam Zielinski posted:

Best to get Ovator plugs. It’s not only about the fit but also compatibility of contact materials. 

Just bought a pair of pre-loved Super Lumina loudspeaker cables. Maybe a bit overkill for a SN2 but Im looking towards future upgrades.

Good choice! Worked well when I used them with my SN2.

Adam Zielinski posted:
Drikus posted:
Adam Zielinski posted:

Good choice! Worked well when I used them with my SN2.

Don't worry, you're in good company here in the madhouse!! My 5m pair of SL cables cost almost as much as the combined cost of the amp and speakers they connect. On the face of it, that is totally insane. I justified the purchase based on the fact that the cables still gave a big uplift in sound quality - comparable to a black box upgrade - but I don't have room for more black boxes. Also, my jaw nearly hit the floor when I found out how much (little) I would actually have to pay for them  

Look around for demo or pre-loved cables like I do instead of paying full retail price. Same with the black boxes. I was able to find my SN2, DAC, SC DR, XPS DR, Ovators, Hi-Line DIN, black SNAICs and the Super Luminas in a time span of two months and saved a lot of money this way. Now I want the Super Lumina DINs as well ofcourse. Only 1 on the market right now, a shop demo pair at 18.5% off recommended retail price but sadly, they do not ship outside the UK either.

Drikus posted:

Look around for demo or pre-loved cables like I do instead of paying full retail price. Same with the black boxes. I was able to find my SN2, DAC, SC DR, XPS DR, Ovators, Hi-Line DIN, black SNAICs and the Super Luminas in a time span of two months and saved a lot of money this way. Now I want the Super Lumina DINs as well ofcourse. Only 1 on the market right now, a shop demo pair at 18.5% off recommended retail price but sadly, they do not ship outside the UK either.

*Too late to edit: It's a single Super Lumina DIN of course, not a pair. Still thinking in RCA/XLR terms. 

No, they are still on the trolleys at the moment because I haven't received the Fraim chip floor protectors yet. I don't hear any bass related issues so they will be staying in that position for now. Imaging, detail and soundstage is already very impressive, can't wait to hear them on spikes. Super Lumina speaker cables and DIN interconnect will also be arriving this week. A lot to look forward to!

Likes (0)