System Pics 2018

Dave***t posted:
ULRIKL posted:
Foot tapper posted:

A lovely system there Ulrikl.

I can't help but be amused by the need for an n-sub to supplement the bass response of the Ovator S800 speakers.  It would seem that a system can never have too many bass drivers!

Best regards, FT

Actually the N-Sub clean up the mid and hi, it´s not for the bass at all. 

/Ulrik

Is this simply by adding the sub without changing anything about what's passed to the 800s, or is there some kind of bandpass filtering involved?

Yes, I have just added the sub without changing anything. I had the sub to my old 5.1 system. When I changed my system the sub stayed and I think it bring something to the party

Some years ago I had DBSs with the same result...

Thanks for the clarification.  I had the same thought as ChrisSU.  So I was curious about the comment that the sub was just for the mids/highs.

If that effect is achieved by just adding a sub (with due care for settings etc. of course) and not tinkering with anything else, great.  I may consider trying a sub at some point in the future myself.

stuart.ashen posted:

Upload an image to Imgur. Copy the link. Click on the mountain in the Forum reply box and paste the link.

Easy from your iPad. I speak as someone who took ages to be able to post pics. Cheers HH for showing me the way!

PS I also hate the quote replies...

Stu

Following these instructions to the letter but all I’m downloading is a little white box... what am I doing wrong?

HH - yes that’s exactly the procedure I’m following, but no result sadly

Dave, I don’t get options when I click on ‘copy link’ it just accepts my click and when I paste in the forum it pastes an URL, but no pics result..

I’ve uploaded to Imgur successfully, but link is not working. I’m offered options of public or hidden when I upload. I’ve tried both..

Thanks James, 

brawn stack was banished from the listening room due to its unwelcome, constant and incorrigible ability to do a very fine impression of a Hornets nest...

it sits back to back with the brain stack, but in a conveniently located cupboard in the kitchen behind it with all Burndies etc passing through holes made in the wall between. Not ideal from the viewpoint of cable dressing ( i.e. not really hanging freely), but very much the lesser evil AFAIC. 

It also has the added benefit of effectively giving me a 3 box system and all on a rack not much wider than the boxes themselves. Wife is very pleased and I must say I am too! 

kevin J Carden posted:

Thanks James, 

brawn stack was banished from the listening room due to its unwelcome, constant and incorrigible ability to do a very fine impression of a Hornets nest...

it sits back to back with the brain stack, but in a conveniently located cupboard in the kitchen behind it with all Burndies etc passing through holes made in the wall between. Not ideal from the viewpoint of cable dressing ( i.e. not really hanging freely), but very much the lesser evil AFAIC. 

It also has the added benefit of effectively giving me a 3 box system and all on a rack not much wider than the boxes themselves. Wife is very pleased and I must say I am too! 

Great lateral thinking!

.sjb

kevin J Carden posted:

Thanks James, 

Neat idea Kevin - thanks for the explanation. 

James

kevin J Carden posted:

Thanks James, 

You'll be giving some members palpitations at the the thought of those Burndies Kevin I hope you at least give them a nice massage occasionally.  Another beautiful home I'm afraid looking at this thread always makes our terraced home feel rather small.

Yes, it does indeed look lovely, and it’s good to see the summer. It’s so grey and horrible here. One thing for KC to consider - an extra Fraim shelf to separate the 272 from its power supply. It makes a big difference and helps to get the Burndy and din to XLR off the floor. 

Add Reply

Likes (6)
Adamxjcitsmanna.diabelliFolkmanKlydejames n