System Pics 2018

Dave***t posted:
Stover posted:

Pu purchase needed

Pu is the symbol for plutonium, just a silly bit of humour.

My own tastes include classical and a limited amount of jazz, but are often somewhat less retrained - the reason I’ve been to Trodnhiem a couple of times is to play the Trondheim Metalfest

Last time we played there our dressing room was a box in the football ground, which was a nice novelty. It was a great event for its type, and it’s a shame it went under.

Still, to steer back towards the topic, I think BBC-style speakers and Naim is a match that can deal well with a lot more than the ‘relaxed’ stereotype of Harbeth etc. I very nearly went with some P3ESRs after a home demo, and an old member here used to lavish praise on Spendors when used with Naim for energetic music. I’ll see at some point. In the meantime, good to hear the SHL5s are doing the trick for you.

You could convert to the Jazzfest then, it was arranged 9-13th of may  when it comes to speakers, in my view they're the most challenging part of it and of those I have listened to Harbeth work very well in my room.

S

onip posted:

Lovely system, Stover! I have Harbeth speakers as well, and love them. They sound great with Naim amplification, and I think the Harbeths can rock out as well, without being fatiguing (at least my C7-3s can rock out, even with my Slayer LPs).  It is true that they really shine with classical, jazz, and big band music, though.

Thank you onip! I have a pair with C7es3 as well, but they are put away right now. Look forward to use them again, they are great speakers. In my view I think there are other speakers that have more "slam" than Harbeth, but for music ...... 

S

Thank you all for the positive attension given my system picture. For the Bauer, I have not filled oil into the bearing house yet and therefor the platter is not mounted either. It may be an autumn or vinter project due to other task. The Origin arm came with the deck and I plan to try it out, before thinking of any switch. 

S

Add Reply

Likes (12)
kmoldskredChag...JTBnigelbRomiNorthern SoulAdamxjcitsmanna.diabelliFolkmanKlydejames n