Trump

Great idea, given the way that solar panels react to bullets it provides the Mexicans an ideal way to get the American Border Patrol officers away from the locations where they're trying to cross:  Take a 4x4 to another part of the wall and shoot a few dozen of the solar panels.  The Border Patrol will have to rush there to try and photograph the culprits damaging the wall, meanwhile...

Huge posted:

Great idea, given the way that solar panels react to bullets it provides the Mexicans an ideal way to get the American Border Patrol officers away from the locations where they're trying to cross:  Take a 4x4 to another part of the wall and shoot a few dozen of the solar panels.  The Border Patrol will have to rush there to try and photograph the culprits damaging the wall, meanwhile...

No, those smart Americans will only put solar panels on their (North) side of the wall!

ChrisSU posted:
Huge posted:

No, those smart Americans will only put solar panels on their (North) side of the wall!

They might still get it right as the last war with Mexico was too long ago for the Americans to remember that aspect of geography.

To quote Ambrose Bierce "War is God's way of teaching Americans geography".

ChrisSU posted:
Huge posted:

What a brilliance!

My first inclination was to deconstruct this access arrogance but on a second thought perhaps I should just do the politically sissy correct UK thing and go whine to Richard that someone has been hurting my tender feelings on the forum so he can re-moderate the topic again.

No whining here.  We MAGA Americans don't whine.  

Much to whine about, too.    Bring it on.  Bring it.

Please hold off on further taxation and new regulations, if you can.  I have a 552 that needs a DR.   Sympathetic argument I hope. 

Skip posted:

No whining here.  We MAGA Americans don't whine.  

Much to whine about, too.    Bring it on.  Bring it.

Please hold off on further taxation and new regulations, if you can.  I have a 552 that needs a DR.   Sympathetic argument I hope. 

Ok fair point will you then commit to run your black boxes on 100 percent sun energy, to contribute to the climate goals ?.......

banzai posted:
ken c posted:

some of the very measured contributions from people like kuma et al

No, they are not measured, please read carefully.

Yes they are, Kuma's last five posts measured

0.389m
0.151m
0.078m
0.133m
0.072m

at least on my monitor they did.  So yes they've now been measured.

On the other hand, Donald Trump would have probably have preferred them to be measured in the Imperial system rather than the metric system (except he'd have called it 'standard' rather than 'Imperial'!).

So, reality has started to creep into DT's world.  I didn't expect it to happen for a very long time, but I'm really glad it has now done so; and that's good for all of us.

Maybe the light at the end of the tunnel isn't now a train coming the other way.

Not that it matters, but this now considerably improves my own personal view of him as a world leader.

(As an individual I still despise him for what he has done to other people and the attitudes he has expressed toward them, maybe he can be flexible and repent here also?)

This was bound to be a bumpy ride.   We all knew that going in.  

Spicer is a good man; he will land on his feet making more money and having more fun.  

Sessions is not going anywhere.  He has too many people who love and respect him.

Skip posted:

This was bound to be a bumpy ride.   We all knew that going in.  

Bumpy ride? I'm exhausted from all this winning.

Spicer is a good man; he will land on his feet making more money and having more fun.  

I don't know Spicer personally, but it's not hard to imagine that good man would have more fun just about anywhere than being forced to justify the irrational ramblings of the twitter in chief.

Sessions is not going anywhere.  He has too many people who love and respect him.

Maybe. Not 45, though. He doesn't seem to like him at all anymore.

45 said that Jeff "Oh, you mean those meetings with the Russians" Sessions had been "very unfair to the President", and that he wishes he'd never hired him.

Hopefully, this saga won't turn into a parody of pardons, pardoning his entourage, his family, himself , perhaps even the almighty above.. On a second thought, that my constitute a tremendous saving in legal fees, not needing anymore the army of lawyers recently hired to defend them.

Kuma, well maybe but don't you think 'comedians' and comedy in general should put the knives down and be a little less partisan?  There is humour to be had in a good, light-hearted way on both sides.  What we have now is generally not even funny anymore.

Spicer was correct in that he said he thought a few things were indeed funny and he can laugh at himself but for the majority they crossed the line.

Florestan posted:

Kuma, well maybe but don't you think 'comedians' and comedy in general should put the knives down and be a little less partisan?  There is humour to be had in a good, light-hearted way on both sides.  What we have now is generally not even funny anymore.

Spicer was correct in that he said he thought a few things were indeed funny and he can laugh at himself but for the majority they crossed the line.

Doug,

I really haven't followed SNL since the original cast because I just think that the writing has been pretty week. ( I think I followed up till when Eddy Murphy was still part of the cast )

I am sad to see Spicy is going. I think he was too good of the man for Trump's management style. Trump basically rules in chaos and ever so fluid which can be very difficult for those who work for him. OTOH, Scaramucci seems to be a slick Wall Street New Yorker type. They probably speak the same language. I am curious to see how he handles it.

I think that WH Press briefing is on its last leg anyhow. Trump wants everyone to follow his tweets for the latest news rather than providing *fake* media highest rating.

Mentioned in Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody, Wikipedia has the following to say: Scaramuccia (literally "little skirmisher"), also known as Scaramouche or Scaramouch, is a stock clown character of the Italian commedia dell'arte. The role combined characteristics of the zanni (servant) and the Capitano (masked henchman). Usually attired in black Spanish dress and burlesquing a don, he was often beaten by Harlequin for his boasting and cowardice.

So now we know. The next question is, where is Harlequin?

Add Reply