We are very pleased to announce that our work on the Uniti Core v1.4 Firmware metadata editing update and accompanying v5.6 iOS Naim app release will be available to download this afternoon.
Firmware Update v1.4
Feature: existing user edits on music imported from a previous generation Naim server will be reinstated.
Enabled: editable metadata fields: artist name, album title, track names, genre and album artwork.
Fixed: Occasional dropouts when playing FLAC files.
Naim iOS App Update v5.6
Added: metadata editing functionality now available for Uniti Core
Fixed: missing artist name and album name on the ripping monitor on Uniti Core
Fixed: long title track overlap on now playing screen
Fixed: last ripped filters on Uniti Core
- Editing of Composers and Conductors will not be enabled and is not currently planned as a future update.
- The metadata editing functionality is based solely within the app, there is no desktop editing functionality.
- Only ripped CDs or CDs imported from a previous Naim server that have been ripped, can be edited.
- Music content in the Downloads Folder cannot be edited so the option will not be available.
- 'Artist Name' cannot be changed globally, only on a per CD basis.
- When a Uniti Core is updated to the firmware which includes the 'Edit Metadata' feature, if the database already includes music from a previously imported Naim collection any user edits applied on that collection will be reinstated automatically.
There is a comprehensive metadata support document available to download from the Uniti Core Support Simulator, follow the link below and type 'Metadata' into the simulator search function.