What are you listening to and WHY might anyone be interested? (Vol. XIII)

Clive B posted:
Stevee_S posted:
Slim68 posted:

Evanescence, Fallen WAV Cd Rip.

Their best album imo.

Their best I agree, super album. 

I might bring myself to give this another play over the weekend, that's if I get bored sticking needles in my eyes!

Oddly, over the next 3 months I will be having needles stuck in my left eye, but not because of this album

Slim68 posted:
Clive B posted:
Stevee_S posted:
Slim68 posted:

Evanescence, Fallen WAV Cd Rip.

Their best album imo.

Their best I agree, super album. 

I might bring myself to give this another play over the weekend, that's if I get bored sticking needles in my eyes!

Oddly, over the next 3 months I will be having needles stuck in my left eye, but not because of this album

That sounds scary, Slim. It's just sent a shiver down my spine.

Jeroen20 posted:

The topic about Robert Cray inspired me to play this one, which has been a while.

I have yet to find a copy of this album that wasn't distorted during the sax solo on Acting this Way and I have had Japanese, US, EURO verions all are the same

Currently playing Op. 132 to compare it with the playing of the Busch Quartet. This is beautiful playing and a great sound, but then it is some of Beethoven's most intense composition (IMHO, before anyone shoots me down). But it just doesn't quite have the pure passionate intensity of the Busch.  It is close, but it just lacks the emotional edge.

If you have it Clive, try a comparison to the earlier studio recording (early-mid '80s) by the Alban Berg Quartet. Their performances of the late quartets always move me immensely, their performance of the Adagio of Op. 132 I find so moving, in fact I'm off to the record player to put Op. 135 on now, thanks for the idea. I know you're playing 132, but I do love 135 even more.

Stevee_S posted:

A + 3 | WAV

(2009)

Ineffable Mysteries from Shpongleland by Shpongle

Because I haven't played this for a long time here is an Amazonian comment that will do it better justice than I can. 

"I feel I just can't do it justice with mere words. Shpongle's music is so beautiful and wonderfully weird that I don't think any series of adjectives can summaries what an amazing record this. I guess Indian, classical and chillout are a few words I could use but the justice comes from hearing it running through a high end sound system. The details are so intricate and finely honed, I could listen to this 20 times and still feel I wanted to know it better."

I had forgotten about Shpongle so this is a great reminder. I just bought this and its magic - so much going on. The first drum beat of the record almost made me fall off the sofa in surprise. Real head music, man. Far out!

Add Reply