What music would you want to be played at your funeral?

I have been to a few funerals recently and came to the conclusion that I would rather the money be spent by family on a nice holiday and remember me that way, some time after the event. They can scatter my ashes as they see fit. This is now in my will, people obviously have other views and that's fine......

Gaz

Toccata and Fugue in D- Minor.   Would raise a few eyebrows, especially if given from a humongous organ in a cathedral.  And played by Damien Hirst or the ghosts of Vincent price and boris Karloff.  Sorry my gothic imagination is getting carried away.

I've had to select funeral music on two occasions - in both cases the deceased left no wishes. No idea what I'd like.

Choices:

Carmen Mcrae: Last Night When We Were Young

Keith Jarrett: The Way You Look Tonight (solo piano)

and 

Edith Piaf: Non, Je Ne Regrette Rien

Chopin: Nocturnes

Bertie Norman posted:

Beethoven String Quartet No 15 in A minor Op 132 - Slow movement played by the Busch Quartet - no prayers or anything else; just the music

BN

I have this recording and was prompted by your post to listen to it again in the context of a funeral. In isolation that third movement will certainly have an emotional impact - as if the mourners won't be sad enough already! Superb choice though.

This is what differentiates the Busch Quartet recordings.

Add Reply