what was the last cd you bought?

Haim Ronen posted:
Florestan posted:

Poems:  Louis Schwizgebel (piano)

Doug,

You will end up with a much shorter list if you comply all the CDs that you DIDN'T order.

Haim, I can assure you that sadly I have to say no more often than I say yes to what I would like to order.  Unfortunately, when I get my credit card statement I do wish I would say no even more though.

For a serious collectors selaed or perfect condition items, are more attractive when you sell or exchange them.

I know one the most important Siouxsie & the B. here in Milan which normally bought 3 copies of every new release , 1 for normal use, one for archive and one if anything was going wrong or damaged

Last evening purchased a couple of CD's by Sean Rowe, Madman & New Lore.  Sean was recommended in the "What are you listening to and why might anyone be interested?" thread. Gave him a listen on-line and really like what I heard.

Sean Rowe - Madman

Sean Rowe - new lore

..... now just got to wait until they appear in the mailbox....

London Grammar 'Truth Is A Beautiful Thing'

Image result for London Grammar

Somehow not really clicked with me as a whole. Some great moments. Need a good long  listen I think, although it feels a bit one paced and actually possibly in need of a bit of trimming. I shall persevere.

Anyone else bought this yet? It was one of my most anticipated buys of the year.

Bruce

Bruce Woodhouse posted:

London Grammar 'Truth Is A Beautiful Thing'

Somehow not really clicked with me as a whole. Some great moments. Need a good long  listen I think, although it feels a bit one paced and actually possibly in need of a bit of trimming. I shall persevere.

Anyone else bought this yet? It was one of my most anticipated buys of the year.

Bruce 

Yes its got some nice parts & the music technically is as expected from LG, beautifully atmospheric & extremely well done. But one paced as you say,  I find it leaves me in need of cheering up afterwards; its not so much depressing or like a sad lost loves album (of which there are many)  its just melancholic.     I hope (I expect) it will grow on me

Hank Marvin

Without A Word

Without A Word

1. Don’t Get Around Much Anymore
2. Michelle
3. Alfie
4. Theme From ‘Poirot’
5. Are You Lonesome Tonight
6. Russian Doll
7. Peter Gunn/Baby Elephant Walk
8. Moon River
9. Doctor Who Theme
10. What A Wonderful World
11. Cry Me A River
12. The Fool On The Hill
13. America
14. Will You Still Love Me Tomorrow

Edward

Marillion

Marbles

Marbles

Double CD Edition.

1. The Invisible Man
  2. Marbles I
  3. "Genie" – 4:54
  4. Fantastic Place
  5. The Only Unforgivable Thing
  6. Marbles II
  7. Ocean Cloud
<dl><dt>Disc two</dt></dl>
  1. Marbles III
  2. The Damage
  3. Don't Hurt Yourself
  4. You're Gone
  5. Angelina
  6. Drilling Holes
  7. Marbles IV
  8. Neverland

Edward

Three-CD/one DVD reissue of a rather dubious live album released in 1985 on Factory. It was the first CD-only non-classical release. The original recording was very sterile, and sadly lifeless so I am looking forward to hearing the 'restored' version (with correct track order) on discs 2 and 3.

Add Reply