Reply to "A penny for your thoughts? Replacing a CDS3/555PS with a streamer"

Foot Tapper posted:

"If anyone has compared these options, I'd welcome any insights from your experiences.  Equally, if there is an alternative whizz bang way of entering the world of high end streaming (Sim Audio Moon perhaps), I would be interested to hear about it."

Since your opening post enquired about alternative ways of entering high end streaming, I would strongly recommend that in addition to checking out the NDS vs Chord Dave DAC (with a suitable streamer) , you should also check out the latest Linn top end alternative - the Klimax DS/3. Alternatively if you would like to save quite a bit of money, then the KDS/1 (in particular) or the KDS/2 are now available at bargain prices on the used market. Fantastic sound quality (from any perspective and with any genre of music) and a very well sorted front end interface (particularly the Windows 10 version or the app).

Another possible cheaper option would be the new Sonore ultraRendu (with suitable power supply and DAC - possibly a Hugo TT or Hugo 2?). Excellent sound quality for the money, but quite a bit trickier to get up and running reliably.