Reply to "Are we sleep-walking out of Europe ?"

Don Atkinson posted:

"Despite George's simple statement of his overall point of view, I anticipate a more informed exposition of points of view on this forum than in the Commons................!! "

Quite right, and I accept the criticism.

Well, I will begin by stating that my belief is that from an economic perspective we are better off remaining inside the EU (but retaining the UK currency) than exiting Europe. However, I accept this is a difficult argument (on both sides), but from a simple position of trust, belief and credibility, I would far rather side with the politicians and economists on my side rather than the rag-bag (I am sorry, but politics is an emotive subject) of questionable individuals on the other side.

However, my biggest concern about the possibility of an 'exit' vote, is that this will further divide the North and South of the country. I feel pretty confident that in the event of an 'Exit' vote and any real move towards an exit, there will shortly afterwards be a referendum in Scotland in which the overwhelming majority of people will vote to stay in Europe and leave the UK.

This is something I do not want to happen, and something that I believe will not happen in the foreseeable future should the vote be to remain in the EU.