Reply to "Best speakers for 555/552/500"

Innocent Bystander posted:
DaveBk posted:

Hmm, 6m x 12m is a pretty big space to fill... you already have the Maestro Utopia, which is good down to 25Hz... my ‘little’ Scalas bottom out at around 27Hz. In my room 4m x 5m these work well, so you have about 2.5 times the volume. The Maestro has a 2nd bass driver, but obviously this is not enough to give you the room filling bass you desire. This needs a seriously big, powerful speaker... have you considered moving your gear into a smaller room?  I’m not convinced that the usual Kudos recommendations will help much in this scenario.

Others would kill for a decently sized room like that! You don’t need normally to ‘fill’ the room with sound, rather have it sound good at the listening position, which might be only maybe 4m from the speakers, though of course in a room that size there is the option for something on a grander scale.

You are so right about wanting it to sound good at my listening position.   It’s all about the first half of the room.   I have 9 theatre chairs, 2 rows, and that’s what matters.   I just need a little more bass that what the maestro uptopia provides and/or better subs for loud music.  It’s great at moderate to soft music.  The subs bottom out on lots of songs when the volume is cranked up.  Maybe the answer is different and more subs.  The highs and mids are great on the maestros just no bottom end