Reply to "Best speakers for 555/552/500"

BNN posted:

I upgraded my ProAc CP6 to Carbon Pro 8 (few years ago), and I enjoyed listening for few years and never thought want to change speaker and etc. My Naim were old 500 series (before DR), I upgraded my 555PS to DR and it all sound good so far. I just came back from HK Show, and I had listen to Naim & Kudos speaker (2018), and Naim Statement & Magico Q7 speaker (back to 2014). If you like the Naim strength/signature sound then I think ProAc Carbon Pro Series can give you all but not Magico or Kudos. For me the Magico more to clinical sound (typical US sounding), Kudos less punch/solid on the low frequency.

I listen to Naim 500 x 3 unit active driving Ovator 800 at HK show before, it was really good and I can say, only ProAc CP8 can have the similar presentation on smaller room. Especially when playing the Hunter Album Track 8.

Just for your info, the ProAc CP8 already obsolete, current ProAc K8 don't think can match the performance as good as CP8. So my recommendation sound like nothing, but just providing you an option. Try Chord Cables when you use Naim front end to match with ProAc speaker. ProAc only good sound on Carbon Pro Series but not the Response series (I mean to match with Naim 500 series).

Good Luck.

Out of interest, have you actually heard the K6 or K8? I’m trying to work out why Stewart Tyler would have replaced his flagship models with an inferior range.