Reply to "Do you have your system on its own dedicated ring on the house electrical supply?"

Popeye posted:
ChrisSU posted:

@Popeye if you are in the UK, give Naim support a call. They will be able to tell you what they recommend for your system. For me, they suggested a separate consumer unit with 32 Amp type C MCB, 10mm T&E cable, and unstitched sockets. That's what I used - no special 'audiophile' cable, sockets etc. 

Had the Spark in today and the 10mm cable is in and all getting connected up next week the same as you Chris as this is what Naim recommended to me also.

Am I likely to hear a sound difference?

I'm fairly certain that this cleaned up the sound quite a lot for me. As others have mentioned, I installed the dedicated circuits as part of a major house refurb, so I never made a direct A/B comparison of before and after. The old circuit is still there, so maybe I'll try it one day!

I imagine the benefits would be greater in terms of isolation if your mains is polluted - our house is in a rural location with few neighbours and no commercial buildings nearby, so I would hope the incoming mains isn't too bad. I also try to keep gadgets and dodgy PSUs to a minimum, or so I thought until I started to investigate: it seems this might be easier said than done. See https://forums.naimaudio.com/to...34#73793444789439134