Reply to "Electric Cars - Saviours of our environment or just another fad?"

The amount of driving I do on some occasions would clearly be miserable for you, but it isn't for me, or many others.

The drive to Canmore is beautiful in itself, and we will probably take in Emerald Lake as a side shoot on the way. I'll see if there are any recharging points there that could have been used whilst we hike round the lake - or would we have to pop back after 60 mins to unhook the charger to avoid the fine for hogging the charger for too long ?

If I had had an electric car today, i couldn't possibly have done my journey. Street parking would have been a no-no. I guess half of Vancouver's parking is on-street. I needed 2 to 3 hours and the only two re-chargers in the convenient car park that I used were occupied when I arrived. So the good news is that electric cars are catching on. The bad news is that the infrastructure is very limiting. As are the vehicles. 

Presumably the nuclear power stations are on order ?

But look, I get it ! An electric car suits you.

Is it the saviour of our environment ? I doubt it. It might change things. And it probably will be just a fad. IMHO.