Reply to "Football Season 2017/18"

wenger2015 posted:
Penarth Blues posted:
wenger2015 posted:

Yes, great for Fulham, and well deserved.

As for a choice between London and Cardiff, I would choose Cardiff every time...

my nephew used to have a season ticket for Fulham during the Roy Hodgson era, unfortunately never managed to make the trip.....always working sadly 

The 'always working' part has struck a chord with me as I work too much too.

I had a period of time not following Cardiff in the flesh, having been more than slightly put off in the 1970's by spending as much of a match dodging various missiles thrown between the 'fans' as actually watching a game.

Started my season ticket again when my son was young, and we were in League 1, in order to make sure I had dates in my diary when I knew I had to stop working and spend some time with him following the football.  Occasionally it's felt a little bit like child abuse, but mostly it's just been a joy to share time with him and, for the last 10 years or so, my Dad has started coming too, having taken me to my first match v Real Madrid in 1971. We've had a great time together - 3 trips to Wembley (despite not winning either of the finals) and 3 promotions now.

This is a very long-winded way of saying you should have gone to watch the games with your nephew. Fulham is a great little club and they've played some lovely football this season, but mostly because of the times you would have shared together and the work you would have never missed not doing.

I’ve been blessed with a daughter, who I have taken to watch the Arsenal a few times ………….

Don't let the social services know. They will have you,  for not bringing her up properly……….

COYS