Reply to "Instruction manuals"

nbpf posted:
Redboxfile posted:

Why do Naim think it is a good move not to publish instruction manuals anymore? I am looking at replacing my original Uniti with either a Uniti Atom or Star and whilst I can look at the specifications, watch Naim set-up videos, and read reviews etc, they do not provide enough information. I like to do my homework and find it a very frustrating that no manuals are published to provide answers to my queries. Is it cost cutting or do Naim not think it is important for the end user to be able to get the best out of their expensive purchase. Or is the assumption that people do not read manuals anymore.

I tend to read user guides before I buy a product and I fully agree with your observations. I have criticized the lack of precise technical specifications and user guides for the most recent Naim products in this forum since the Uniti serie was announced. I find Naim's decision mildly insulting and a sign of lesser user support and care. My reaction is simply not to buy. There are good alternatives with excellent user manuals and precise technical specifications. Still, I find Naim's decision is very sad and another sign that the company isn't anymore what it used to be.

Sadly I think you are right. It takes a long time to build a good reputation but it can be lost very quickly. End users who vote with their wallets are a powerful bunch!