Reply to "Partnering amplifier for NAC 552"

Adam Meredith posted:
cnewyork posted:

In prior discussions regarding acquiring NAP 500DR, member(s), perhaps a dealer, urged caution in considering NAP 500DR. Can anyone think of  reason why adding NAP 500DR would compromise sound quality and if so where would foibles lie?      

Rather than attempt to answer this odd observation could I ask you post a link?

I could see how someone might warn against a 500 if the rest of the system isn't right but - what was the context?

Adam, thank you for your inquiry. I am not audiophile and have limited interest in audio equipment other than advancing my listening. Over many years I recognized that "better" equipment was actually better, eventually leading to Linn/Naim and later Naim.  For many years acquisitions were few and far between with no interest in Naim's 500 level prior to  buying NAC552DR, which was prompted by comments on Forum. Inquiring with dealer about 500DR was met with caution and distance, not so different from what I heard about 552. With obligations dissolved less constrained I am able to consider what I would get by adding NAP500DR in place of NAP300DR and obviously other changes. Some on Forum speak of NAP500 as passageway to newer truth, or should I say better truth. It would be fun to know and better to achieve.    

Thank you again for following up.