Reply to "Posh switch - another cause of Audiophilia nervosa?"

Hungryhalibut posted:

Ah, but just because he is chief technocrat of Computer Audiophile doesn't mean he knows best - though he doubtless thinks he does. I have a PhD in zoology and a basic food hygiene certificate and I can hear a very worthwhile difference, as I can with the posh leads and as I can between WAV and FLAC. Whose findings are the more valid?

Others may not hear a difference, give a toss, or both, but for £50 it's a worthwhile experiment and I'm pleased I did it. If people try it and don't like it then they can resell it. In a world where people will pay £1,200 for a meter of speaker lead, things like Vodka cables and Cisco switches seem reasonable value. Saying that these cables should be cheaper is no different from saying that Super Lumina or Music cables should be cheaper - they are all just wires, and all priced as high as the market will bear rather than what they actually cost to make.

The reason I put audiophilia nervosa in the title was because I suspected where this might go! 

....£50 spent, Cisco catalyst switch delivered, looking forward to experimenting this weekend....thanks for stimulating the discussion and the curiosity.

Scott.