Reply to "The UnitiCore - tested"

Keler Pierre posted:
nbpf posted:
MangoMonkey posted:

It's for Naim to decide what % of users are into classical and whether it makes sense to try to support them further.

The UnitiCore should be able to upload (anoymized, naturally) data to Naim indicating the tastes of their users - and use of features - which should then drive investments.

I am not sure that uploading data from Core users would provide Naim with meaningful guidelines for investments, at this point.

Let's assume, for instance, that data from Core users show very little user interest in classical music. Is this because of genuine lack of interest in classical music from Naim users? Is this because classical music listeners tend to avoid the Core because of its miserable support for classical music? Hard to say.

Naim should first implement a UPnP server that is roughly on par with MinimServer, Asset, etc. Then they could start collecting data from Core users and fine tune their investments. Until then, they should probably collect data from users of more advanced UPnP servers.

i am a little bit generalizing, but most classical music lovers go to tubes gear or soft sounding gear like accuphase or esoteric...  When i am reading reviews of tube components, 90% of time the music of the reviewer is classical music.

For naim, the vast majority is rock , a little jazz and very little classical music.  Go to the topics like" your best concert", " best albums "....and you can compare the profile with the music...

I know, it is a bit a generality, but a little true also...

Classical music has a general market share of about 3%. I do not know whether this figure is lower or higher among users of Naim equipment or what is the share of classical music listeners in sales of hifi gear. But all this does not matter: the point that I was trying to make is that if you sell a device that is not meant to be used by classical music listeners, collecting information about classical music listeners through that device seems a little bit pointless!