Reply to "Three improvements"

I have added some temporary and improvised damping at room reflection points which seems to have tamed the treble quite effectively. A Christmas �� tree at one reflection point seems to have helped (I believe there was mention of this in a current thread re cdx2)

Tried contacting a local glazing company to order a glass shelf or two but they are now closed for Christmas.  A job for the new year. 

I now have a supernait 2 on loan for a week or two. First impressions are much better bass definition and control. There is a more 3 dimensional sound stage and improved organisation of musical flow.  More complex music definitely has more separation and detail. Overall more clarity between sounds and instruments. These are definitely the improvements I was hoping for. 

The high frequencies - I can now hear that the xs amplification seems to be slightly rolled off in the treble, despite being a little problematic at times. 

I can hear much greater upper frequency detail with the supernait. I think I am hearing more refinement in this area but this can become a little strident with some music. I believe this may be down to the speakers treble units possibly not transmitting this information with the required subtlety ??? 

I now have improvement in most areas but still want to have more treble refinement. My system has now resided in 3 different houses and the high frequencies have been a itch I need to scratch. As I said earlier I really enjoy the Neat sound but maybe I need to consider speakers higher up in their range (at least trying the sx2 with improved treble units) 

I wonder if 24 hours of being powered up will make any difference - will have another listen tonight.