Reply to "Tidal Firmware Update?"

Arun Mehan posted:

I've never been that great at articulating what I hear in words but somehow the Tidal streaming doesn't sound as good to me as local streaming. Maybe it's the content and honestly I just setup Tidal yesterday so not much listening via the NDS. But local streaming sounds better to my ears. There's a missing ambience to the Tidal sound. It's smaller and shut-in compared to the music coming from my NAS.

I actually prefer Europaradio (1,000 Kbps Lossless Uncompressed FLAC) on vTuner over Tidal. I have no issues with dropouts with either.

I didn't buy an NDS for Tidal or any other streaming service because I've never expected much from them. In my car with a Mark Levinson stereo, I find satellite radio unlistenable.

This is sort of like upsampling to me. How can you take something and make it look or sound better than the original by "filling in" the gaps? This is artificial and I don't particularly like it. I think Naim is trying to satisfy the demand and be competitive since other companies are offering it but I think it's great that Naim will only release an update once they are satisfied with the sq - it's one of the reasons I stay with Naim.

Arun

Arun, can you explain how you set up the Europaradio 1000 on vTuner?