Eva Cassidy

Posted by: Clive B on 27 August 2000

Oh my goodness! It's not often I find myself agreeing with Ken Kessler but I've just discovered Eva Cassidy (I bought a copy of Time After Time). What a voice! I guess I shall have to buy all the others. What are you waiting for? Buy some Eva Cassidy!
Regards, CB
Posted on: 20 September 2000 by Keith Mattox
All of her very limited catalog is fantastic; if I had one CD to choose, I would pick "Live at Blues Alley". Her version of "Fields of Gold" can almost make one a Sting fan. Tragic that she died so young with so much talent.

Cheers

Keith.

ex-audiophile

Posted on: 22 September 2000 by woodface
I have mentioned my admiration on another thread but will repeat anyway! What a voice! I have the 'Songird' Album and recently bought 'Time after Time' - both are utterly superb! I usually do not go for contempory singers as they usually pale when compared to the likes of Holliday, Sinatra et al but Eva is right up there. Her version of 'Autumn Leaves' rivals Sinatra's and I never though I would say that. I also thought that I would never like a Sting song.
Posted on: 11 October 2000 by Martin Payne
I heard part of "Live at Blues Alley" over the weekend and it sounds superb. A must-have.

cheers, Martin