New CDs from Naim!

Posted by: Anna Tooth on 18 October 2000

Two more for your ever growing collection of CDs from The Naim Label:

Honour Simplicity, Respect The Flow by Kai Eckhardt
Naim CD047

Kai is a highly acclaimed bassist who has featured on many albums in his musical career accompanying artists such as John McLaughlin, Trilok Gurtu, Randy Brecker and Ralph Towner amongst many.

The Naim Label met Kai when he played bass on Ghetto Paradise by Antonio Forcione. We were so impressed that we asked him to record a whole album for us!

Honour Simplicity, Respect The Flow also features a whole host of other exciting musicians including Courtney Pine, Zakir Hussain, Sean Rickman on drums and Aydin Esen on keyboards.

Vento Del Sud by Antonio Forcione and Benito Madonia
Naim CD050

Antonio has once again worked his magic on an album for The Naim Label. Teaming up with long-time friend Benito Madonia (think Italian Chris Rea) on vocals, they have produced an album full of beautiful songs.

With songs ranging from Caruso by Dalla to tracks written by both Antonio and Benito, Vento Del Sud has a sultry, enticing feel to it throughout. The Italian language is synonymous with romance, and listening to Benito's voice makes it easy to understand why!

These CDs are available now through our e-shop.

Posted on: 18 October 2000 by Chris Metcalfe
Well, it's an opinion.

I think Chris Rea's rather likeable (Maybe some people confuse him with Chris de Burgh - now that's truly horrible); always liked 'On the Beach' from the early 80s and his new album 'King of the Beach' has been favourably compared to it - in fact, has had surprisingly good reviews. And anyone who cites Lowell George as a major influence can't be all bad.

Crap film director though.

PS I think he's already half-Italian...

Posted on: 18 October 2000 by P
Has this guy been reading the recent postings from MrT. and Mike Hanson or something?

Deep.

Just Kidding! P.

Posted on: 19 October 2000 by Andrew Randle
As coincidence would have it. I was on the same plane as Chris Rea when travelling back from Berlin one week ago!!!

I was talking on my mobile at the gate and he sat opposite me. At first I didn't realise who he was. It wasn't until I heard him talking to 2 of his band members when I put 2+2 together and recognised him (from his voice!!!).

On the plane he was sitting a couple of rows in front and the stewardesses where wondering if it was Chris Rea too.

Later I double checked - and confirmed it was him by finding a picture on the web.

Andrew

Andrew Randle
2B || !2B;
4 ^ = ?;

Posted on: 19 October 2000 by P
Hey Andrew- no offence bud - I remember being awestruck when i once sat opposite Alan Whicker on the tube coming back from Heathrow many years ago - he totally flipped when I pulled out a camera and took a snap! - I've still got it somewhere and will post it when I can I find it.

Regards p

Posted on: 19 October 2000 by Andrew Randle
Pierre said: "i once sat opposite Alan Whicker on the tube coming back from Heathrow many years ago - he totally flipped when I pulled out a camera and took a snap!"

Excellent... is he grimacing or about to beat you with his brolly?

Fortunately, when I realised it was Chris Rea I didn't start singing "we're on the rooaad to hell".

Andrew

Andrew Randle
2B || !2B;
4 ^ = ?;