You're the One - Paul Simon

Posted by: David O'Higgins on 05 October 2000

Anybody heard this yet ? Sounds like a 'slow burner' to me.
Posted on: 06 October 2000 by Chris Metcalfe
I've spent much listening time in the last week with Mark Knopfler's excellent 'Sailing to Philadelphia'. Even the last couple of tracks (which were given thumbs down by critics) are growers. The title track with James Taylor is very cool.

Also have the Chris Rea album 'King of the Beach' which has had critical plaudits and sounds like his most personal record since 'On the Beach' (1983?). Great voice, not so mucch slide guitar this time.

I would strongly recommend 'Bali' by the Wondermints - a simply fab record. Any album with the line 'I'm on a Chris-Craft to your heart' is OK by me.

Posted on: 16 October 2000 by Mike Hanson
Yeah it's a creeper, alright. With the first spin, it seemed quite forced and uninteresting. However, I forced myself to listen to it a few more times through. Now it's really starting to be enjoyable. However, I don't think it's as good as "Rhythm of the Saints", and definitely doesn't reach the heights of "Graceland".

My current favorite track is "Darling Lorraine". It goes through a number of odd musical shifts that seem unnaturally matched at first, then start to make more sense as you pay closer attention to the storyline. Catch you later!

-=> Mike Hanson <=-

Smilies do not a forum make.