Woolmer strangled.

Posted by: Deane F on 22 March 2007

The Jamaica Observer story
Posted on: 23 March 2007 by Diccus62
Bloody hell, I was not expecting that. Police seem to think there was no forced entry to his hotel room and that he may have known the perp. These things don't really happen in cricket do they.

How is Hanse Cronje these days?

Bloody hell

Diccus
Posted on: 23 March 2007 by Diode100
Good old Ted Dexter co-wrote a book called Test Kill about 20 years ago, so cricket isn't all cable knit sweaters, white trousers and red balls.
Posted on: 23 March 2007 by JamieWednesday
Apparently it was an Irish gambling syndicate who wanted to make sure he didn't talk Roll Eyes
Posted on: 23 March 2007 by graham55
quote:
Originally posted by Diccus62:

Diccus

Last I heard he died in a plane crash five years ago. Do you know otherwise?
Posted on: 23 March 2007 by JWM
It's there on Wikipedia for all to see:

quote:
Plane crash
On 1 June 2002 Hansie Cronje missed a scheduled flight home from Bloemfontein to George and instead hitched a ride as the only passenger on a cargo flight in a Hawker Siddeley 748 turboprop aircraft. Near George airport, the pilots lost visibility in cloud, and were unable to land, partly due to unserviceable navigational equipment. While circling, the plane crashed into the Outeniqua mountains northeast of the airport. Hansie Cronje, aged 32, and the two pilots were killed instantly.

In August 2006 an inquest into the plane crash by South Africa's High Court started.[1] - The inquest reached the conclusion that "the death of the deceased Wessel Johannes (Hansie) Cronje was brought about by an act or omission prima facie amounting to an offence on the part of pilots." [2]
Posted on: 23 March 2007 by Diccus62
quote:
Originally posted by graham55:
quote:
Originally posted by Diccus62:

Diccus

Last I heard he died in a plane crash five years ago. Do you know otherwise?

He was involved in some interesting not strictly cricket japes wasn't he?
Posted on: 26 March 2007 by rupert bear
Strikes me that the Pakistan team and management doth protest suspiciously too much at the moment.
Posted on: 26 March 2007 by Roy T
Let us see what the police discover.