what cd players for nait xs2 ??

Posted by: pamzz on 12 July 2018

what is probably cd player  nait xs2 ??  

teac , rega or marantz , naim , or anything else ?? budget about usd 1500  

sorry for my bad english , english isnt my native language .

Posted on: 12 July 2018 by Karl

You should be able to buy a second hand CDX2 for that budget.

Karl

Posted on: 12 July 2018 by feeling_zen

nDAC and a lower cost transport? 

Posted on: 12 July 2018 by Japtimscarlet

If you cannot find a nice naim CD

Then a good marantz would be my choice

Posted on: 12 July 2018 by Got Hi-Fi?

Cyrus new at that price will probably crush anything under it. 

Posted on: 12 July 2018 by hastings

Decent quality dvd player (eg Marantz) and Chord Hugo could fit into that budget.

Posted on: 12 July 2018 by Perol
Got Hi-Fi? posted:

Untill it crash itself

Posted on: 12 July 2018 by Got Hi-Fi?
Perol posted:
Got Hi-Fi? posted:

Untill it crash itself

Those problems have been corrected in the latest 2 models. 

Posted on: 12 July 2018 by cdboy

Well worth finding a second-hand CDX2.  

Posted on: 12 July 2018 by petzhou

I used a Cyrus CDI and PSX power supply with my XS and then XS2. Sounded terrific. You could get a CDI and PSX r2 (s/h) for your budget - would be hard to beat for the money.

Posted on: 12 July 2018 by joerand

Naim CD5XS or the older CD5X (no digital output) are the obvious balanced pairings to me with a Nait XS2, both within your budget on s/h market.

CDX2? Haven't heard one, but you will find some feedback here calling it harsh, forward and/or too revealing. 

Posted on: 13 July 2018 by Perol
Got Hi-Fi? posted:
Perol posted:
Got Hi-Fi? posted:

Untill it crash itself

Quite possible but my confidence with Cyrus is long lost

Posted on: 13 July 2018 by Perol
joerand posted:

Naim CD5XS or the older CD5X (no digital output) are the obvious balanced pairings to me with a Nait XS2, both within your budget on s/h market.

CDX2? Haven't heard one, but you will find some feedback here calling it harsh, forward and/or too revealing. 

Exactly

A Flatcap will be icing on the cake, powering XS preamp section along with analoq parts of CD5X

A move I would do if not going for a cheaper Apollo.

Posted on: 13 July 2018 by Got Hi-Fi?
Perol posted:
Got Hi-Fi? posted:
Perol posted:
Got Hi-Fi? posted:

Untill it crash itself

Quite possible but my confidence with Cyrus is long lost

I can see that, they certainly do not have a great track record for reliability or customer service. 

Posted on: 14 July 2018 by pamzz

how about using teac cd p 800 nt and combine with external dac like schiit ,or cd p 800 nt with chord qutest ..i see in naim website they use teac ??

i really have no idea about dac ..

Posted on: 14 July 2018 by Chag...

Another vote for CD5 XS, a natural, if not obvious fit for the XS-2. Add an nDAC later and enter high end league still at reasonable costs. I know, I know, the alternative to nDAC is Hugo. Easy thread, easy troll. ????

Chag - 

Posted on: 14 July 2018 by Nina

PAMZZ if it helps you I owned the XS2 until recently and it is a lovely amp indeed

I owned, and still do, the CD5XS and the Naim Dac that, on the used market, didn't cost that much more than your 1500 budget

If you can stretch to the CD5XS and Dac I would highly recommend the pairing and it will definitely be enough, performance wise, for your XS2 amp

If you can't stretch to the Dac then I would still highly recommend the CD5XS Cd player on it's own and will be well within your budget if purchasing on the used market.  It a seriously lovely sounding Cd player and will match your XS2 amp perfectly

Posted on: 14 July 2018 by Skip

We have the NaitXS, the CD5X, and the FlatcapXS power supply.   This feeds the nSat speakers.   We have never felt the need to upgrade.  The system sounds very musical.  Big sound.  The bass fills the room.   Can do delicate if needed.  

Posted on: 15 July 2018 by Charles44
Nina posted:

PAMZZ if it helps you I owned the XS2 until recently and it is a lovely amp indeed

I owned, and still do, the CD5XS and the Naim Dac that, on the used market, didn't cost that much more than your 1500 budget

If you can stretch to the CD5XS and Dac I would highly recommend the pairing and it will definitely be enough, performance wise, for your XS2 amp

If you can't stretch to the Dac then I would still highly recommend the CD5XS Cd player on it's own and will be well within your budget if purchasing on the used market.  It a seriously lovely sounding Cd player and will match your XS2 amp perfectly

I'm interested in the use of the Naim dac with the cd5xs. I also have the Nait xs amp could anybody advise on the Naim dac v1 and the connections and thus cables I would require to use between the cd player and dac. Of course the Naim dac would also give me a headphone socket that I don't currently have.

Thanks for any advice.

Posted on: 15 July 2018 by Chag...

I am not sure the V1 would be an upgrade to the 5XS onboard DAC. The nDAC has been one the other hand, developed and optimized with the 5XS back then and makes the perfect upgrade. Use the brand DC1 BNC to BNC digital interconnect and you are covered for many years of great listening. ???? 

Chag -