Naim App, Atom and Asset UPnP post Roon

Posted by: Bryce Curdy on 22 October 2018

So I’ve been playing about with Roon and pretty impressed to the extent that I might stop using the Naim app for playing my NAS library.  But at one point I was curious to clarify whether Roon had changed a piece of album artwork from the one in my library and was too lazy to get off my backside and thought I would just access Asset through the Naim app but it’s no longer seeing the server (it is seeing the QNAS).  I thought perhaps I needed to close down the Roon core on my PC but that’s not helped.  Interestingly I stream video occasionally on an Oppo BD player and can normally see Asset (although obviously wouldn’t choose to listen to music that way) but can’t anymore.

Any thoughts community?

Posted on: 22 October 2018 by Bart

I have switched back and forth many times. Nothing inherently difficult. I’d just restart your nas and the Naim app. 

In fact after using Roon, the Naim app knows what Roon was playing. 

Posted on: 22 October 2018 by Bryce Curdy
Bart posted:

I have switched back and forth many times. Nothing inherently difficult. I’d just restart your nas and the Naim app. 

In fact after using Roon, the Naim app knows what Roon was playing. 

Sorted itself at some point overnight, probably 30 seconds after I went to bed.  Not sure why based on your comment l lost it in the first place.

Posted on: 22 October 2018 by ChrisSU

I’ve found that the current Naim app does have a habit of temporarily losing servers, although they do reappear. Nothing to do with Roon. 

Posted on: 07 November 2018 by Woj

Yes, it happens to me as well quite often. Sometimes the servers are gone for some time even if I restart the application. I really want the ability to use remote to scroll through the music and select tracks for playing. It would be so much convenient. I wonder why Naim is not going to implement this ability but instead they are pushing to use the app for local files playing which is not alway reliable.

It sometimes feels like the new Uniti range became mainly a platform for subscription only services.