Naim Nait 2

Posted by: Daft Apeth on 13 August 2017

Hi, blown away by this little amplifier...

Has a bounce, an energy which is hugely infectious. Really makes me want to stay listening waaay beyond my bedtime 

Can forum advise closest sound to this in a more powerful amp with remote control facility for volume? This thing is amazing! Has a love of life/music I've not heard before 

Just wish it went louder., or is that the Naim upgrade spiral I've heard of.. ?

Posted on: 23 August 2017 by Richard Dane

The Naim speaker connectors were designed to best allow the pins to make the most natural contact down the socket shaft - i.e. minimise any torsional that might force the pin to make a poor or less optimal contact.  The housing may also act as a kind of isolator for any vibrations picked up by the speaker cables.  Bottom line is that it sounds better with the plastic housings on than off - just be sure that the pins can move slightly otherwise it may mean that excess solder is jamming them up within the housing. Oh, and yes, it also helped out with the PCB mounted sockets on the NAITs and the NAP90.

Posted on: 23 August 2017 by Daft Apeth

Nait 2 lore.. I love all this and btw the amp is fantastic!! 

My friend who owns an XS was majorly cheesed off when we did a back to back on the weekend 

Posted on: 17 September 2017 by Sigmund

I've been using my Nait 2 olive with a better than new, upgraded pair of Quad ESL-63s for about a decade now.  I can turn it up so loud that the neighbors will call the police.

Posted on: 18 September 2017 by Lewis

On the original topic, I have to say i've never had any problems with my Nait 1 & 2's not going loud enough?  With my SBL's they simply kick ass, and have more than enough grunt to upset my wife and immediate neighbors

Posted on: 23 October 2017 by Bruss

First Naim was a nait 2 cb mid 80's running rega planar 3 into a set of kans. I still have it all running in the study, admittedly all have been refreshed/upgraded over the years and a Squeezebox is a nod to modernity.