252 burn in

Posted by: Rich on 09 April 2012

Dear forum members-- thought you wouldnt mind me sharing an epiphany moment with you regarding the patience needed to properly burn in a new piece of equipment.

I had previously thought this to be hifi bunkum and was a cynical reliance on  a punter having paid so much for the  upgrade--"that surely it must be better?"-- so lets just wait until their ears get accustomed to the new sound!

How wrong could I be!!

I have an NDX/ US/ Ndac/ 555PS/ 252/SC/300/Ovator 600 setup and was absolutely ecstatic wiith the results from the 282  i used to have

When on recommendation from a dealer i bought the 252--I was so disappointed that it sounded "thin" (but more precise) with much less bass presence than the 282.

I nearly sent it back but decided to stick with it having seen many posts about "burn in "in this forum

A couple of months later-- I now know made the right choice with the 252-- it has 'grown ' in bass stature-- without losing the much more detailed handling of midrange than the 282.

It was touch and go for a while though-- i nearly went back for my 282!!

Burn in- whatever that really means in physical terms is--  is well important!! -- and important to hang on in there!

Maybe you all know that but it was a big lesson for me

Rich

Posted on: 09 April 2012 by Bert Schurink

Hi Rich,

I have the same experience with a 252. First had a 282 which was sounding quite well. Then I had a 552 for a short while - too expensive right now, and I settled for the 252...... Funny enough it became better and better, but realy opened up after 6 months.....